Chapter 2: Mute

The sun had risen over Vethela, marking the start of a brand new day. Of course, the blonde laying in bed didn't particularly want to get out of the comfortable mattress, opting to cling onto whatever time he had left to snuggle into the (h/c) haired girl. He found her so very warm and adorable, a mixture he couldn't refuse. Sometimes, if he was lucky, she would cuddle into him as well and give cute little sighs as she slept. That morning was not one of those times.

Nonetheless, Rei didn't love the sight and feeling any less, cherishing it before his hectic day of preparation began. There was much to do, much to see, and much to talk about, and he rather dreaded it. Though it was his ascendance to power, it took time away from his being near (Y/n). He despised the idea of not being able to be by her side all hours of the day and found it rather irritating that it was commonplace.

Still, becoming king would ensure she would have extreme protection and respect, and it was something he wanted to provide for her. Besides, it was his rightful place, and he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to have countless people gaze upon him with reverence. The thought had crossed his mind once or twice that they would look at (Y/n) the same way. It didn't sit well with him knowing that other people would adore her, wanting her all to himself, but as long as he claimed her as his, it wouldn't be an issue.

"Pumpkin," he cooed, waking up the girl next to him, something he could resist smiling at, "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

The girl looked to the side before letting out a yawn that the blonde chuckled at, finding it to be quite endearing of her. He brushed a lock of her hair to the side to get a better view of her face, marveling in its intricate beauty. However, he found the girl wasn't making eye contact with him, gazing at something in the far distance that he couldn't quite discern. It wasn't like he cared about her sudden fascination with a desk, after all. He did care about the way she appeared to be avoiding his scrutinizing irises.

Attempting to convince her to look at him, he placed his hand under her chin and delicately lifted it up as if she could break as easily as a butterfly's wings; so beautiful, and yet so frail. At first, she tensed at his touch, still avoiding gazing up at him directly, allowing him to press down softly on her lips. They were a breath of fresh air for him, something he believed he needed to survive. Easily addicted to it, he began to push her head towards him, trying to elicit her attention and reciprocate his passion for her. When she didn't, he pulled away just slightly and looked down at her in a manner that appeared more intimidating than he suspected.

"What are you waiting for?" he chuckled in a tone that sounded affectionate yet almost terrifying, "Kiss me back."

The girl tensed once more and listened to the blonde male, kissing back, but just barely. He gave an interested sigh, and leaned into her lips, tasting perfection on them. The male was entranced by her, tugging her waist to himself, making sure he possessed just enough leverage to be the one in charge of the kiss. And that he was, able to place more passion into the embrace or make it more loving. Either way, it was paradise to him.

"That's more like it," he chuckled, though it sounded possessively dark, "Let's get our day started. I know the perfect dress for you to wear today."

The blonde moved out of bed, holding the younger girl in his arms, spinning her around with glee. Afterward, he gave a chuckle as the younger girl wrapped her arms around his neck. Though he was aware she was doing it simply to sate his desire for her touch, it was more than sufficient for him. Her skin was so soft, he couldn't resist nibbling lightly on her fingers. Though gentle, it was an almost intimidating thing, something that might have posed as a threat to the girl's safety.

With anyone else, he would have bitten down hard enough to draw blood, but he didn't quite like the idea of seeing (Y/n) in pain. Thus, after he nibbled on her hand, he placed loving kisses to apologize, a smirk on his lips. She tasted divine to him, nothing like any other girl that had before she had come into his life. He didn't need any more toys to occupy his interest for half a second. The (h/c) haired girl was more than he needed to be interested in another for as many lifetimes as he wanted.