Chapter 7: Festival Festivities

The (h/c) haired girl was held by Rei, his arms around her waist as his lips lovingly attacked her neck. He seemed intent on marking her with his kisses, uncaring if the guards were watching his affectionate and possessive actions towards her. In fact, he rather preferred it, wanting them to understand they were nothing compared to him and his feelings for her. She was far too good for them, but he didn't trust them to understand that. They had simple minds compared to his, after all.

"I've seen your crown, you know," the blonde said quietly into the girl's ear, twisting a stray lock of her hair around his finger, "It's stunning and it'll fit you perfectly. It's one of the most exquisite things I've ever laid eyes on."

The male paused, tilting his head on her shoulder. He peeked up at her expression only to find it lacked the very basics of emotion, something that killed his mood. She didn't even make a comment he left open to her. It upset him, but there wasn't very much he could have done about it at that moment. Fearing her into talking had already proved ineffective on numerous occasions, and he wasn't in the mood to ruin the surprise he had for her.

"Perhaps you'll cheer up when you see what I have planned," the blonde grinned, spinning the girl around gracefully before holding her in his arms, "Or at least give me a smile anyway."

(Y/n) didn't say anything, looking to the side, but the male expected it. It wasn't as if she would change overnight from being afraid of him to being enamored above everything else. Still, he saw no fault in her for that, knowing the blame rested on his shoulders alone. He'd made her see more things than she should have seen. Often, he regretted subjecting her to the horrors he could create rather than shielding her pure eyes from the violence he inflicted.

Rei placed the girl's hand on his arm, leading her away from the crown room and towards the throne room. His mother was waiting there, but his father was nowhere to be seen, likely too unbothered by what his son had planned. The woman paced back and forth before she saw the blonde, grabbing the sides of her dresses and rushing over to him. She gave him a look over before summoning a maid and combing his hair out.

"Honestly, can't you at least keep yourself presentable for your mother's sake?" the woman scoffed, taking the liberty to also straighten his collar, "Goodness, you'll be king soon, and you were going to go out looking like some peasant?!"

"Mother," the boy grumbled, rolling his eyes, "I wasn't going to wear this. It's far too simple and ill-fitting for the season. I wanted something more extravagant."

"Then hurry up and change! You'll be late!"

The stunning woman pushed the younger boy away, taking the younger girl's hand and leading her away. However, the blonde didn't seem fond of that idea, grabbing onto (Y/n) and holding her close, earning a scoff from his mother. She seemed to find him childish, not particularly off the mark. The male simply held the (h/c) haired girl to him, glaring at the woman who tried to take her away.

"Goodness' sakes, Rei! I was only going to change her into something more fitting."

"I can do that," the boy stated.

"Too jealous for your own good, I swear, just like your brother. Never let me anywhere near that girl. I only ask for ten minutes with her to make sure she looks elegant enough to stand by you."

The (h/c) haired girl was led away by the male's mother, the blonde pouting and storming away. He knew he wasn't going to get her away from his mother, especially when she had just corrected his outfit. Instead of following himself - as he had to get changed - he sent his guards after them to ensure (Y/n)'s safety. That didn't prevent him from being especially moody towards everyone that crossed his path.