Chapter 29: Family Reunion

The plane ride to Vethela felt terribly lonely for Ichiro. He felt as if he'd been separated from something he wanted to touch again, and he, unfortunately, knew exactly what it was. That meant he knew he wouldn't be able to touch it again for some time. The idea was less than satisfactory, but there was little choice in the decision to fly to Vethela. For one, he was expected there, and not showing would reflect poorly on him to the public. Second, he couldn't bear to leave Orion's body without saying a proper goodbye. And thirdly, if he were to choose not to attend, Rei could get suspicious, and then the bluenette wouldn't get to touch (Y/n) for even longer.

Still, Ichiro had a taste of luxury the previous night. The younger girl had fallen asleep on his chest, sighing softly and letting him touch her, hear her, feel her as she was purely. In her sleep, she wasn't afraid, and she didn't hold back. If she wanted to snuggle into him, she did, and there was no thinking involved. Although he was a blushing mess, he was still treated to a rare form of physical contact.

Somehow, it ignited a spark in his heart, prompting something to burn lightly, nipping at his emotions just slightly. At that, he had no control over his actions, reaching out his hand to caress the younger girl's cheek. Instantly, she responded, nuzzling into his strangely different touch. Although subconsciously, she recognized his compelling touch and leaned into it, prompting his heart to fly off the rails.

If Kazuki had his voice and Rei had his eyes, Ichiro had his touch. The bluenette experienced few loves in his life, but they never lasted for long. They...scared him. In much the same way hearing the older male's voice entranced others and Rei's eyes hypnotized others, Ichiro's touch prompted others to act differently towards him. Without thinking, they would crave the feel of his fingers or lips and would act in unsavory ways, especially when he vehemently refused their advances.

Sure, he loved physical touch and attention, but...not in the way they wanted it. At first, it would just be light touches. Sometimes the girls would brush their chests against him, subtle references towards their assets. It only became more intense over time, especially when he started showing interest in laying down with them and cuddling. Sometimes he would go away for trips, and the girls got so riled up when he returned that they would display their bodies to him in order to encourage him to touch them.

They'd pin him down and purr almost seductively, grabbing his hand and having him touch them anywhere he could. It wasn't like they were human at that point. It was more along the lines of rabid animals starving for a meal, and not one of his girlfriends had lasted more than two and a half months, but there were a few that didn't last three days. Such results inflicted such terrible loneliness in the bluenette.

Yet (Y/n) hadn't done such a thing in the month or so she'd been with them. In fact, she was still reserved; a perfect lady. Not only that, but he felt as if he was craving for her attention, not the other way around. It seemed like he had met another angel. Not only did he have Kazuki, but he had her as well. To him, it was well worth putting up with everyone else. If he just had a select few gems, it was better than having all the rocks in the world.

"What are you thinking about over there?" Kazuki asked, immersing himself in a gossip rag on his family, his mouth twitching into a frown every so often.

"Just about how much I love you," the younger boy replied somberly before muttering under his breath, "and (Y/n)."

"We're almost landing," the blonde stated, his expression turning into one of concern, his eyes trailing to his younger brother, "I know you would rather not be back home, so let me know if something's wrong. I've taken the liberty of making a reservation at a grand hotel in case you don't want to sleep in the castle. If you'd like, I'll join you."