Chapter 58: Even So, Please Love Me

The younger girl had been sleeping not so peacefully, tossing and turning despite the blonde's attempt to hold her tightly. Her comfort was his top priority, but her trauma prevented much from reaching her. It was early on in the evening, meaning that she had much more to go, but Kazuki would stay up for as long as it took to put her at ease. His hands didn't dare to stray from her waist, yet he was perfectly content with such a thing. She felt as if she was made to be placed in his loving embrace. The male was perfectly at peace.

It was only natural that he had to be interrupted by another. In that case, it was a very angry person, one with a look of dissent and sheer anger. Rei was utterly pissed, growling at the sight before him. Just about anyone would have been livid if they saw their loved one in another's arms, let alone a bed. That being said, it was hardly a relief for the young king to see his cupcake clinging onto his elder brother.

In fact, it filled him with even more animosity than he had already possessed. His hands formed into fists, his typically slightly pale skin becoming ghastly white. The male stepped forward, attempting to fight back the urge to choke the older male before him to death. It would have at least taken care of one problem he had on his lengthy list of things to do. That being said, the younger girl tossing and turning with a few whimpers exiting her lovely lips stopped him from unleashing his rage.

"What happened?" the younger male asked, his voice unexpectedly soft and concerned as he traced her jaw affectionately, "I thought she had been doing so well."

The blonde leaned down to the beautiful girl, placing a regretful kiss on her forehead. She was smothered with gentle affection. He tried so deeply to soothe her troubling nightmares, but in the end, she continued shivering in fear. Rei sighed in frustration. The blonde truly despised the anguish she had struggled with. If he could have taken it away from her and given the agony to him, he would have done it in a heartbeat, but it wasn't so simple.

"What happened to you, cupcake?"

It seemed that the blonde ignored the presence of his older brother. Likely to save himself from sheer rage and disgust at the scene before him and to not disturb the younger girl, he refused to make a scene. Picking her up softly, the male tucked her into his chest, comfortingly supporting her with a somber gaze. Even if Kazuki gave him a scowl for stealing his opportunity to protect the younger girl, he didn't register it. The older male scowled at his younger brother for taking away (Y/n) from his loving arms.

"I've been taking care of her," he huffed, grabbing tightly onto the younger male's arm to prevent him from leaving with her, "I'll thank you to leave her with me. I know how to calm her."

There was something ominous about the way that the blonde's eyes looked. They were deranged, little to no light escaping his dark violet pupils. Solely focused on the (h/c) haired girl, it was unnerving how quiet he was. Kazuki was taken back by the violent aura surrounding him, finding that forcing him to acknowledge his presence would have been dangerous for any around him.

Thus, with tense shoulders, the male reluctantly let the younger girl go, fearful that something terrible could be incurred on her. At the same time, he realized the similarities between Rei's and Ichiro's strange states. They were both beginning to lose their sanity, drastically changing from their usual states of mind to something...dark. First their grandmother, then Orion, and Mica, too. Just what was happening to his family? No, what or who had started it all?

. . .

When the (h/c) haired girl woke up, she gasped in surprise, memories of discovering the silvery blue-haired man's corpse in the pond. Jumping out of the bed abruptly, she woke up the blonde, whose sleep-deprived eyes darted to her shivering form. Rubbing his eyes, he gave a deep sigh and joined her on the bed from the floor, laying her down so she used his arm as a pillow. In that sense, his arms served as a comforting blanket, his eyes somberly gazing at her obvious sense of horror and torment.