Chapter 33: Moriko

"Give us a big smile, Hoshino!"

"Raise your chin just a bit higher!"

"Put on the charm!"

Ichiro had the widest smile as he laid on his stomach, his feet in the air as he posed for his photoshoot. Everyone was surrounding him, giving him plenty of attention, one of the largest reasons he became a model. The other was to promote his fashion lines, but he wasn't getting any closer to completing his new one. He could hardly even start the designs even with the help that Orion had given him.

The bluenette was dressed in different outfits, some of the most fashionable clothes in the world by the best designers. His modeling agency was given that luxury, and he, in particular, was one of the best models for them. That meant that he got the most attention, the best clothes, and a hefty paycheck that let him enable his sponsorship and patronage of the zoo and multiple different animal protection agencies. The best part of it all? Ichiro was being photographed by the most renowned photographer in the eastern side of the world; a close friend of his.

"You are just killing it, Hoshino!" the man chuckled, tucking a strand of his dirty blonde hair behind his ear.

"Thank you, Katsurou," Ichiro winked playfully, causing the older man to roll his eyes.

"I've got about two more outfits for you to try on today and then you can go home to your brother. As for the progress report of your popularity, it appears to be rising very quickly, but I guess that's what being the king's brother will do, huh?"

The male chuckled at the bluenette's flinch, knowing just what to do to elicit a certain response from him. He apologized teasingly and went to upload the pictures to the camera while the younger male went to the dressing room. Upon arriving, he sat down at the vanity and began to comb out his hair for the umpteenth time that day. While doing so, his phone began to ring, and he picked it up immediately after seeing it was from the (h/c) haired girl.

"Hello, this is Ichiro Hoshino. What can I do for ya?" he chuckled playfully before pausing when he heard the younger girl crying on the other hand of the phone, "No, no, no, hey! What's wrong?"

"I want y-you," she wept, prompting the boy to blush, "I'm l-lonely. I-I don't wan...I don't want t-to bother you, b-but I...I didn't know w-who else t-to turn to."

"No, I'll come home right away! I promise! Just stay put and I'll come home! U-Uh...five...no, ten minutes tops, okay?!"

The bluenette quickly gathered everything he could, putting on his regular clothes, and sprinted out of the door, almost falling over once or twice. He received some odd looks from some other employees, but he didn't think too much about it. The only thing he cared about was making sure that (Y/n) was alright. If she wasn't, it wouldn't have sat well with him. As he was about to leave, he was stopped by his employer, watching as the older man stared at him with confusion, anticipating an explanation.

"I gotta go home!" he stated quickly, running in place nervously, "I know I was late and now I'm leaving super super early, but I think (Y/n)'s in danger! Call me and we can reschedule! Bye!"

The older man couldn't stop the younger boy from running out of the building and back to the penthouse. In fact, he would have tried harder if he had connected the dots just a bit quicker. Upon recognizing the name, the dirty blonde attempted to follow after the bluenette to ask him who "(Y/n)" was, but Ichiro had vanished from sight fairly quickly. So the older man just resigned himself to repeating the same thing over and over again as he resumed his work: "It's just a coincidence".

In the meantime, the bluenette ran through crosswalks, jaywalking whenever just to save a bit of time to get to the younger girl. He was aware she wasn't in any immediate danger from the phone call, but he knew the dangers of being alone. He'd be crazy to just let her suffer in loneliness. If it were him, he'd want someone to be there for him, and he was just as determined to be that someone for (Y/n).