Chapter 54: Hanging Just Above Their Heads

Perhaps multiple parties were at fault for the state of the younger girl. That was precisely what was debated between both Rei and Ichiro. They each blamed the other, believing truthfully that they did what they had to in order to possess the younger girl for themselves. In some way, their mind must have believed it was necessary for both themselves and her. And yet, they never reached a conclusion when blaming the other. Thus, at some point, Rei began to sigh, massaging the bridge of his nose, attempting to come up with a solution.

"Let's give this up," he huffed, "(Y/n) needs help, and I need answers to get it for her. How often did you use it?"

Ichiro turned his head away with a huff, sticking his cheeks out poutingly, refusing to admit he did anything wrong. It wasn't as if he had been the one to scar her and traumatize her significantly enough to prompt fear in her at any and everyone. Rei was at fault, so it didn't matter what he did because if the blonde had never been involved, he wouldn't have been either. Besides, she liked it when he did it.

"Stop being a child! She could be seriously hurt if I don't figure this out! You know people die from this! So then how often did you use it?! Once a month? Once a week?!"

The bluenette mumbled under his breath. It was indiscernible what he had said, prompting the blonde to growl. Difficult to deal with and irritating, he found that spending time with his older brother always found a way to work on his nerves. However, based on the circumstances, there was no way to go around the issue. There was no telling if Kazuki knew everything that had been done, and Ichiro was the one most likely to have any information about what exactly happened.

"Speak up," the younger male grumbled, gritting his teeth together while he clenched his fists, wondering when he was going to start fighting again.

"I said sometimes more than once a day!"

The area went silent. Rei's mind spun like a water wheel on a rushing river, rushing quickly around with rage and sorrow. He couldn't believe the supposedly "responsible" older male did such a thing. It could still very well cost the younger girl her life, and he didn't appear the slightest bit guilty. In fact, he had to be coerced into giving just one tidbit of crucial information. Did he truly understand what was at stake?

"Are you some kind of pathetic fool?! Of all the stupid things you've ever - Ah!"

The blonde was not able to hold in his anger for the umpteenth time he had spoken with the bluenette. He trudged forward with the intention of smacking some sense into him, only to find that his great uncle held him back with a disapproving glare. That being said, the older man wasn't at all thrilled with the way Ichiro was conducting himself. In his opinion, the male needed something to put him in his place and show him consequences, but if Rei were to do it, there would be much unnecessary blood involved.

. . .

(Y/n) had been surrounded by dozens of noblewomen. They were all swarming her in order to speak about both her engagement to the young king and her decadence in luxury. He had ensured that she would be dressed in only the finest clothes and jewelry, and it didn't go unnoticed by the women in high society. They were far more expensive than most noble families could afford let alone the fact that it was created by top-of-the-line tailors.

Of course, she was hardly comfortable with it, having others probe about her with great eagerness that drained away at her introverted personality. She was blushing hectically as they picked up her dress and gasped at her tiara. A soon-to-be member of the royal family, she was greatly enthused about, especially with those that were envious of her or wanted to get in with her to have an upper hand against other nobles.