Chapter 47: Inspiration

While Ichiro stayed home to look after and give great amounts of love to the (h/c) haired girl, his older brother hardly had the luxury. He was swarmed with work, and the statement that he had been given on the phone mere hours previously prompted his nerves to bundle most uncomfortably. Yet he had little options at disposal, only to work and think; one and the same, and somehow nothing at all.

The male hadn't any idea of what he was supposed to do. The thought that the younger girl could have been related to his family somehow unnerved him greatly, especially because of the feelings he'd come to have for her. If not for that, it appeared that both of his brothers would start a family war over it. Such a thing could have disastrous consequences not only for the sake of the family itself but the country or even the world as a whole. It was entirely a different issue than the line of succession.

The time passed tediously. Truth be told, he was unable to continue working, and with great stress placed on him, he had to leave the workplace. It was as if abandoning his duties, but he would continue them when he got home, he assured himself. Besides, he felt unable to focus where he was. It would have done him good to clear his mind or earn some kind of peace here or there.

However, other than his home, he didn't have anywhere he could feel at ease. Ichiro and (Y/n) were already there. The blonde feared the bluenette's shocking anger, wishing to avoid him for the time being. If he was lucky, he would have been able to return to a fully happy younger brother who welcomed him home. Still, such a thing was far from reality. It would have been near impossible to return the male to how he was.

Thus, Kazuki roamed around the streets looking for somewhere to have some peace of mind. He wanted to find somewhere in nature to relax, but the concrete jungle scarcely had any places like that. It was unfortunate, but the blonde should have known that to begin with. Eventually, he found a nice cafe to settle down in, and ordered a refreshing cup of tea and a slice of strawberry cake.

His thoughts didn't cease, however. The mystery of why (Y/n) was so familiar and yet so unnatural eluded him and yet wouldn't let him ignore it. His cheeks were flushed red as her face appeared again and again in his mind. Still, he didn't mind the image. When he thought about it, she was much more beautiful than he originally thought. Her stunning (e/c) eyes and long (h/c) locks. The male let out a nervous sigh, finding he was shaking slightly.

"I feel like a fool."

. . .

Ichiro found that spending time with the younger girl did him some good. He was much happier than he had been when his older brother was with him. Her attention was solely on him and she gave him shy touches that tingled his nerves. His smile hardly faded, beaming on his face as he held the younger girl in his own arms. There was no jealousy or hatred in him, just pure joy and affection.

"I love you," the male cooed, placing a kiss on her cheek.

As the (h/c) haired girl blushed, the bluenette continued to give her great affection. She was ultimately pushing him to continue cuddling her as well as provide great love to her. He just couldn't see how he didn't fall for her sooner. So much time was missed out on, and he wanted to make up for it all. That was when he got the most ingenious idea he had ever thought of. His eyes widened, sparkling with joy, and he took her hands in his.

"I feel a burst of inspiration!" he exclaimed, stealing a quick kiss before continuing energetically, "I mean it, really! I feel like designing something!"

"That's great," the younger girl smiled gently, her gaze resting on the wall to the side of her in embarrassment for the male's loving nature, "I was hoping you would make something again."