Chapter 41: First Date

Ichiro had been awfully excited about the date he would be going on with (Y/n). The entire day, he had been preparing for what he had planned, wanting to show her what he thought of as a good time. He wasn't entirely sure about what the younger girl wanted in a romantic partner, so he was more nervous than he had been on other dates. Still, when she assured him she wanted to see what he wanted, he felt a pressure lifted off of his chest.

There was no doubt about the difference between the bluenette and his younger brother. The latter demanded the best things in life, especially befitting a royal. He wanted to be pampered and treated with the highest regard and desired his lover to be subject to the same treatment. On the other hand, Ichiro only needed the company of nature, particularly fauna though he also loved being surrounded by flora.

Still, there was a cultural difference between those raised in Vethela and those raised in Athain. One put the beauty of the simplicity in life on a pedestal and the other preferred knowledge and intelligence. Nonetheless, the (h/c) haired girl tended to stray from certain things, so there was no guarantee that she would require such a trait from him. He knew he was hardly a competitor for his brothers' intuition and intellect, but he hoped he had other things to make up for it.

Sooner or later, the evening had arrived, and the bluenette was getting ready. He showered thoroughly, massaging his scalp with a pleasantly smelling shampoo and conditioner. The soap he used was floral and natural, and the best one he possessed. Personally, he adored the smell. It reminded him of home in the garden; one of the only places he felt as though he belonged. He had hoped it would inspire some compliments from the younger girl.

After his shower, the male dried himself off, using a hairdryer to make the process go faster. The bluenette then carefully chose his outfit. As a model, he had been given enormous amounts of designer clothes. Some of them highlighted certain features, but he wanted to highlight all of his features. Since he was not particularly masculine in his body type, he strayed away from form-fitting outfits. In the end, he chose to wear a more mature outfit. He didn't want to seem like a child, after all.

The male then waited outside, nervously tapping his foot as (Y/n) got ready. Chariot waiting beside the bluenette, tilting his head from side to side as if trying to figure out his owner's emotions. When Ichiro heard her door open, the male's head popped up and a smile crossed his face as he turned around to look at her. His cheeks then became bright pink as he noted the girl dressed up for him.

He was surprised to find that she was wearing a dress of his design. Not that he minded. In fact, he adored seeing his handiwork on her form. It suited her. It was adorable and yet graceful, something that made the bluenette press his fingers together in anxiousness. The thought that he would be able to go on a date with someone so precious and cutesy made him blush uncontrollably.

"A-Are you ready?" he asked, tensing his shoulders as he stuttered.

"Only if you are. I want to have fun, so don't worry about impressing me, remember?"

Ichiro nodded, but he let out a nervous whimper when the younger girl hugged his arm. The two made their way to the elevator, and the male began to drive the two to their destination. The (h/c) haired girl wasn't surprised to find that Ichiro had arranged for them to have their date at an aquarium. He gave a shaky sigh as he led her into the area, providing the entry tickets. It was clear he was quite nervous even when it was only supposed to be fun and games. That being said, he was intent on making it an official date.

As the two entered the aquarium, the bluenette's eyes sparkled at the displays. They were stunning and some glowed faintly as if magic. Of course, it was simply just light, but the male's childish wonder prevented him from thinking in such a manner. The fish just added another touch of beauty that he adored. Looking to the side, the male was pleased to find that the younger girl found the exhibits stunning as well. He quietly celebrated, giving a faint "yes" before pulling his fist back in joy.