Chapter 64: Scandal!

Rei sat on his throne, one leg crossed over the other with great impertinence. He stared down at both of his older brothers with the utmost of discontent. If they didn't know his position didn't allow him to kill them, they might have been worried for their lives. However, even if it were the case he could, the question of if he physically could was more prominent. After all, both males were older and taller than him and while that in itself wouldn't determine the outcome of a fight, it put him at a slight disadvantage.

"Yes, I would like to remind you both to stay the fuck away from my cupcake," the blonde growled, glaring at the two guiltless males before him, "In case you haven't realized, our wedding is already being planned. Two weeks at most before she's mine forever. So get your damn ogling eyes off of her before I rip them out."

"I'd like to see you try, noodle arms," Ichiro huffed, leaning against the wall with an irritated look, "Are you capable of doing anything except stuffing your face with the finest food and pussy in all the land?"

Kazuki regressed from the language the bluenette was beginning to use. It wasn't like he had ever heard it when he was younger, and though it wasn't odd for someone to curse when frustrated, Ichiro had never used any harsh wording before in his life. Nonetheless, even if the younger male was using a completely new vocabulary, he was still furious with the blonde for taking away his precious time with (Y/n).

"Unfortunately, I haven't tasted my cupcake yet, but I'll be sure to let you know how many times I make her cum."

At once, the entire atmosphere in the room turned dark, utterly filled with hatred. Everyone hated the others, thinking of ways to dispose of them. It seemed unanimous that the (h/c) haired girl was worth killing for. The question therein lay in who was going to strike first and who would be the one standing in the end. Any nearby human beings were almost unable to breathe let alone look at the terrifying males.

"I'm glad to see you are both as fucking furious as I am right now," the youngest male growled, beckoning a servant to bring forward a newspaper to both males, "because I won't tolerate this bullshit."

There was an article highlighted for both males to look at. Rei watched as their eyes scanned the paper, his foot tapping the air in frustration. Written by a familiar and somewhat influential reporter, the biased article wrote about the (h/c) haired girl. There were pictures of her hiding behind Ichiro and the bluenette comforting her with flushed features. From them alone it was clear to tell what the writing revolved around.

" 'Torrid Love Affair; Is Our Queen-To-Be Testing All Her Royal Options?'," the blonde read aloud, crumpling the paper together and throwing it harshly away from him, "You see my anger here?"

"So this is why you sent (Y/n) to your room," Kazuki sighed, "This would break her."

"Knowing her, she'd be bound to eavesdrop. Her curiosity gets the better of her more often than not. I thought it was better she was away from all of this. At the very least, I got her away from nasty words."

The words printed included the bluenette's obvious - and suspicious - closeness to her, and there were questions of the girl's legitimacy. The reporter had shown his grudge against intermixed marriages, especially with commoners in his run-in with Ichiro, continuing the harsh words against her. He called for a rebellion against the marriage and an offer to arrange a better marriage for the young king. While he took caution to maintain respect and humbleness when speaking of Rei, his despicable words about the younger girl all but guaranteed his absolute anger.

"Right now, my guards are ensuring my cupcake stays put, but they can only keep her there for so long. Sooner or later, she'll find a way to wiggle out of the room. So we need to figure this out as soon as possible. I don't think insulting and arguing with each other will help achieve that goal."