Chapter 30: The Color Of Blood

It was the next day when Orion's funeral took place, the entire country grieving for his parting from the world. Only a select few were able to attend his funeral, mourning with such somberness as they cried over their loss. Many held their emotions in, one of them being Kazuki, who refused to show weakness in public. On the other hand, there were some who wept uncontrollably such as Ichiro. Then there were the few that cried, but softly like the boy's great uncle, Mica.

The funeral itself was meant to be lavish and honoring towards the departed male, but it was filled with remorse and heartbreak. The flowers that were strung up were in full bloom, the most beautiful specimens to live, but they might as well have been wilted. The fairy lights that were hung up along the area might as well have been dim in the tragic atmosphere. The butterflies that fluttered about might as well have been rotting on the floor from the lack of liveliness and color. Orion affected more than just his subjects and family.

Lovely words were said to illuminate his presence on the world and the kind things he'd done in everyday life. The eulogy was long, enough to make at least a few that attended want to shoot their heads out, namely the children who didn't understand what the country had lost. There was only one adult that wasn't torn up over the sickly boy's demise, but it wasn't like they made the attempt to smile, pretending to grieve with all of the others.

Ideally, the orange-haired boy would have died much earlier on, particularly before Rei's coronation. If that had been the case, the blonde wouldn't have had to deal with the split in the nation about which royal to side with. Still, Rei had been the one that ended up being king and that was all that mattered even if he threw a fit about it when he didn't have the (h/c) haired girl with him. The male's mother was pleased with how things turned out. She was rid of Orion, a pest in the way of Rei ascending the throne, and was done away with (Y/n), a foreigner that took too much of Rei's reputation and sullied it.

Nonetheless, the funeral continued as normal, lasting until the sun went down over the Vethelan sea. At that point, a man had escorted the royal family to one of the resting rooms. Although it was typically used for a queen and her ladies to gossip and lay around with a beautiful view, it had another use that day. It was used to dole out what the younger male had written in his will.

"As stated by his royal highness, to his great uncle, Mica Trewin, goes his majesty's spring estate in Afrua as well as the inherited staff of the area. His highness stated he wished for you to take great care of the flowers with his mother and encourage the butterflies to come back again for the following spring."

"As stated by his royal highness, to his beloved mother, Verona Trewin, goes the majority of his majesty's artistic collection. His highness greatly denies the beauty of the works he created, but he hopes that giving things he's made to the woman who brought him into the world will give the same love he had while creating his artistic pieces."

"As stated by his royal highness, to his father, Cadmus Trewin, goes his locket in which his majesty hopes to give the same security he felt with it. As the father is not here presently, I shall leave the locket with his highness's mother to pass on to him."

"As stated by his royal highness, to his youngest cousin, Rei Hirasi goes his majesty's special stone," a strange look on the speaker's face, "to better ward off the night owl he seeks to convene with."

"As stated by his royal highness, to his comforting cousin, Ichiro Hirasi," a wince from the bluenette, "goes his majesty's sketches concerning design and his embroidery. He stated he wished to help his cousin out of his slump and encourage more groundbreaking fashion lines."

"As stated by his royal highness, to his oldest cousin, Kazuki Hirasi," another wince albeit slightly less obvious, "goes a new painting set recently bought and unused. His majesty hands this to him through the wish that Mr. Hirasi uses the set to continue painting as he used to. If used to complete a painting - no matter what kind or how poorly Mr. Hirasi thinks of it - a hundred thousand dollars goes to a charity of his choosing."