Rei's Ending: See No Evil

The unsettling atmosphere in the castle was only fitting for the different fronts that had been positioned all around. From Ichiro's coup d'état to the frightening secrets that Kazuki had learned, clearly, there was no going back. Of course, the blonde was unable to determine why there was a strange tenseness in the air, but he kept his guard up. He was well aware his brothers had something planned for him. After all, the previous day was the last time they had been able to pretend everything was fine.

"Highness, should I arrange for a break?" a servant asked, tilting their head curiously, "You appear stressed."

"No, I need to stay on guard."

"You can't possibly keep this up. Just because you think something is wrong, you aren't going to sleep or eat? Working all day couldn't possibly be good for you."

The blonde ignored the servant, continuing to look over potential earnings for each noble in the country. There were quite a handful of them, but since the moment he had become king, he didn't trust them as far as he could throw them. No doubt the fat pigs wouldn't go very far. That being said, some would follow him as long as he offered prosperity, and that he could offer. Still, there were some things that just didn't add up.

Nobles were finicky and frustrating to deal with. Ultimately, they succumbed to those eyes he had, never able to look away from them. In fact, it acted as candy for them. As long as they did as he wanted, he would let them have a look. Otherwise, they would be in torment over not being able to see them. It worked as if it were a drug, the withdrawal severe and sometimes often deadly if they didn't put aside their pride.

Of course, there were some that believed in the power of the royal family so much they never dared to look at them. Those were the loose ends. The male couldn't control them if they had avoided his gaze and forcing them to look at him wouldn't have had the same effect. That was the reason he doubted those who trusted him most. A dangerous thing if left out of check, he was bound to fall to it if he wasn't careful.

The male narrowed his eyes as a noise came from outside of his study. A scuffle appeared to be going on, shouts for the blonde to flee. That being said, he was no coward. If his brothers wanted to bring the fight to him, he would face it head-on. As such, he sat down in his chair, crossing one leg over the other with a contemplative gaze. Moments passed with clashing outside the room, the blonde remaining patient. However, when it became silent, the room's door was bashed open, breaking off the hinges.

Rei raised an eyebrow, seeing no need for any dramatics such as that. It only made more work for the servants and cost the castle. He sighed, watching nobles and guards flood in. He could have guessed a small uprising would have taken place, but he certainly didn't anticipate that Ichiro would be at the lead of it. Truth be told, it was surprising. Rei had never thought he would be backed up by nobles. Some small percentage of subjects, but nobles? It seemed peculiar.

"This is highly disrespectful," the blonde growled, resting his chin in his palm, "Couldn't you have just arranged a meeting instead of harming my guards and breaking down a perfectly good door?"

"I'm afraid we need to make a scene," Ichiro hummed, staring at the luxury in front of him, "so you have no chance of running away from this."

Rei gave a bored sigh. Sure, he would have given up the throne for the sake of the younger girl, but letting the bluenette have it when there was no danger posed to her might take away her luxury. After all, the blonde had only ever been raised and trained for leading a nation. It wouldn't do him well to have any other careers. Then again, he hadn't thought of the possibility of taking over his father's businesses. Still, being king would offer more benefits to (Y/n) than the leader of a company.