My Way Back to You- Wanda Maximoff

(Gender Neutral Reader)

*This is a long one folks* 

"I think this is the best 1 year anniversary ever celebrated," Wanda declared, low and calming in your ear. You couldn't help but chuckle at her definitiveness as you lazily traced circles on her arm. And she had a point, considering you were currently lying back against her in a warm bath, in your house that was two miles from the nearest people, or conflict.

"I think you're right. No other couples have anything on us," you said jovially, still unable to shake the soft smile that seemed to always be on your lips around Wanda. Against your back, you felt a hum of agreement in her chest.

She tightened her arms around you, effectively holding you in place. Not that you wanted to be anywhere else. "Exactly. I don't think anyone's been able to create heaven on earth quite like we have," she murmured into your neck, her soft lips pressing gentle kisses against it.

Your stomach fluttered at her words, and you tilted your head to the side to allow her more access. "I couldn't agree more," you sighed contently. And with the scent of lavender and clove, the warm bubbles, and dim candlelight all swirling around your senses, how could you not agree? Not to mention the most important part; the beautiful, naked Sokovian sharing the moment with you. 

You'd met her not long after she was broken out of prison by Steve Rogers. She explained who she was after your first date, that she was keeping a low profile and continuing to ward off threats with Steve, Natasha Romanoff, and Sam Wilson. And yes, your time with her could be sporadic because of that, but it was more than worth it.

Shifting carefully to your right, you turned your head as best you could to plant a loving kiss on her lips. Wanda's hands slid to your waist, and with her hair pulled away from her face in a casual bun, one of your hands rose to trail down her jaw. Despite the tricky situation, not always knowing when you'd be able to see her, all of it, being with Wanda still felt as easy as breathing. 

"I love you," you whispered against her lips.

"I love you too princessa," she grinned, green eyes getting lost in your own. 

Your hand trailed down her arm, but promptly stopped when you felt a pretty fresh (and deep) cut that was starting to heal. No doubt from her mission three days ago, but made you frown. 

"I thought you were gonna be more careful..." you murmured, gently turning her arm to get a better look at the injury. Wanda wrapped her fingers around yours, preventing them from lingering too long and saddening you more.

"I am, believe me. I wish just as much as you do that people would pull their punches," she half-joked, an attempt at lightening the situation. Unfortunately, your gaze was still downcast toward her arm as you twiddled with her fingers. 

"I just... don't like seeing you hurt. You've had more than enough pain for one lifetime already." Your voice almost cracked as tears started to gather in your eyes. Admittedly, you were still adjusting to having a loved one in constant mortal danger.

Suddenly, her fingers wrapped around your hand, and brought it up to her chest. You felt her heartbeat under your palm, steady and present as ever. "See? I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," Wanda whispered gently. She'd only done this a few times, but it eased your anxieties every time, and this was no different. Then, you felt her hand come up to your cheek, pulling your watery eyes to hers. "And you know what makes the pain feel just, inconsequential? Coming home and seeing you after it all," she said authentically, which did pull a smile from your lips.

Your left hand went up to cradle hers. "That's sweet Wan, and I'm glad.. but I don't think I could balance out like a broken leg or something," you giggled. The fleeting moment of sadness, or reality, was quickly disappearing again.