I'm Your Daughter- Tony Stark

(Female Reader)

**Warning, I think this one qualifies as sad AF, so you've been warned**

Tony's hands were unforgivably gripped on the edges of a newspaper, reading the words in front of him over and over again. He couldn't believe what he was reading, he didn't want to. He never thought he would be dealing with having a kid, let alone this. 

His thoughts regrettably drifted back to the first day he met you and wished he could've dealt with it differently.

***Four Months Earlier ***

You pulled at your fingers watching the elevator pass floor after floor of the famous Stark Tower. When your mom told you she'd tell you who your father was when you turned eighteen, you didn't expect this. Who would've expected the mystery identity of your father to be Tony Stark? Before your mom offered identification of your father, you made up your mind. You'd decided you didn't want to know the father that didn't even bother sticking around to see your birth but... Tony Stark? You couldn't really pass the opportunity to meet him, even if you wanted nothing to do with your father before.

And you did have a plan; you weren't going to mention that he was your dad, you were just going to ask him about science, since you happened to be a science nerd yourself, but now you weren't so sure. Your stomach twisted uncertainly as the elevator dinged on the floor the receptionist said he'd be.

There was a modern yet comfortable living room laid out in front of you, but no one in sight. Glancing around, your heartbeat was beating so hard in your ears, you barely heard two people arguing a few rooms away. You didn't notice you hadn't moved until the elevator doors started to close again.

You slipped through the doors at the last minute, smoothing out your clothes. Your lungs seemed to be allergic to steady breaths, as your breathing was quick and erratic. The voices gave the impression that they were the only ones on the floor, so you headed towards them. The nerves of meeting your father had been building up subtly, kindly giving you peace of mind until now. But now the developed nervousness was manifesting in the pit of your stomach, twisting your insides.

You admired the living room area you were walking through and couldn't help but think about the places your life could've gone if you'd had Tony Stark as your dad. Who knew what your life would be like with a billionaire for father? You shook any such thoughts. The reason you came here wasn't involving his money it was to meet the man that neglected to call himself your father. Before it was too late at least. You didn't have forever.

There was a light coming from a particularly large room full of lab equipment, and two men arguing. You fiddled with the strap of your backpack and tried to calm yourself down. However, the closer you got to the doorway of the lab, the higher your heart leaped into your throat. Once standing in the doorway, the two guys still hadn't noticed you, so you decided to tap your shaking hand against the door. When they still didn't turn towards you, you cleared your throat.

They finally turned toward you and the one with glasses seemed confused, while the other, the one you knew was Tony Stark, had a glint of something else in his eyes. 

"Who are you?" Tony asked, and your breath froze in your lungs. You could see the resemblance between you and him, now that you were seeing him face to face rather than the news. 

When you could finally breath again, you eased their confusion. "I-I'm Y/N L/N, I'm your daughter," you said, surprisingly, without a quiver in your voice. 

Tony's face went white and the other man, a kind looking guy with glasses and curly brown hair, looked shocked. The few seconds that followed your confession seemed like hours of silence, and you started to panic. Tony was looking at you like he was trying to ignore he saw any resemblance, and didn't say anything to help the awkwardness of the situation.