Stop Staring at Me- Tony Stark

(Gender Neutral Reader)

You sat in the lab at SHIELD headquarters, experimenting with some electrical physics, but your head was elsewhere. You wished you could say you weren't thinking about him. Especially since the emotions tied to those thoughts were anger and rage. You didn't want to be angry at him, but god he could be absolutely aggravating sometimes. 

"Hey gorgeous," you heard from behind you. Speak of the devil...

You couldn't contain the sigh from escaping your lips, and your eyes fluttered closed in exhaustion. You were tired of having this conversation over and over again. "What do you want?" you asked sharply. He walked in front of your work station, but you didn't dare look up at him. 

"I guess you're still mad, huh?" he asked sheepishly, knowing the answer all too well. You chuckled in disbelief when he said that. 

"What do you think?" you spat, staring at the copper wires and circuits in front of you. 

"I think you're pissed," he said gently, and you could feel him staring at you. 

"Well, you're correct, for once. Can you please leave Tony? I'm trying to work..." you grumble, but he doesn't budge. You could feel his eyes practically burning into your head. "Stop staring at me."

"How do you know I'm staring at you if you're not looking at me?" he asked cheekily, causing you to snap your head up in annoyance. Sure enough, Tony's brown eyes were staring intently into yours. You also saw an apologetic hint, but tried to ignore it. 

"What the hell are you doing here, Tony? Really? Because this is the seventh visit in a week and obviously I'm not getting nicer with each visit," you ask, with some tears in your eyes. 

"Well I thought-"

"What? That I'd forgive you?" you asked angrily, taking off your plastic safety glasses. "You think seventh times a charm? Because, I hate to break it to you, but it might take a bit more than that!" You found yourself yelling by the end of your sentence in anger.

"I'm sorry what were you saying? I keep getting lost in your eyes..." Tony said, grinning slightly. You scoffed at that, shaking your head.

"You think this is a joke or something? You cheated on me, Tony! And lied about it to my face when I asked you about it!" you full on yelled, waving your hands. "Honestly I thought you were done with the whole playboy party bullshit but clearly I was wrong! You humiliated me, and honestly made me feel worse than shit! Look, if you think I'll ever trust you again..." Tony moved in front of you and grabbed your waving hand gestures. You always got carried away when yelling at someone. 

"I'm not asking you to trust me again," he said, softly and actually genuine enough to cause you to make teary eye contact with him. "I'm apologizing, for the seventh time, because one day, I want you to know I mean it. Because I do." You could see the tears forming in his eyes, and his grip stayed on your own. "I am so, deeply sorry that I made a  stupid mistake. Because that's all it was, a mistake. If I could take it back I would, but I can't so I'm trying to make up for it now. I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you, and I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm just asking you hear me out when I say I'm sorry because I mean it." 

You felt his thumb wipe away a tear on your cheek, and all the words seemed drained from your throat. You honestly didn't know what to say. "I-I..."

--------------------------------------------------

Heyo guys thanks for reading! I'm gonna combine some of the prompts into one like I did here, so yeah just a heads up. Vote, comment, and request! Also, HOLY SHIT 30.7K READS!!!!!! (I'm sorry for my language Steve Rogers would be disappointed) but thank you guys so much! I would've never thought that I would get this many reads and I'm so thankful! Love you guys!