Ch 64 - "Aa gayi"

"Aapke liye kya laun?" She asked, her bags were packed and she was supposed to leave for the airport in the evening. With some last few hours at hand, she had decided to go out for a lunch with her gang one last time.

"Tu ek piece pe aaja bas baby" Preeti Di chuckled, making Sidharth laugh out with his head back and his legs rise - always leaving her heart unsettled with flutters. 

"Chup karo tum dono. Non-sense. Beta kuch nahi chaihye. Acche se lunch pe jaa. Nikalte time dekh lena kuch choda toh nahi hai. Aur bas sabse important hota hai purse, phone aur charger. Uske alawa nothing is important. Theek hai? Aaja jaldi se bacche! Tereko itna miss kar rahe hain sab!" Ma smiled at her.

"Special emphasis on "sab". Sab miss kar rahe hain tereko, ok baby?" Preeti Di said, hitting Sidharth softly by her elbow and though his reaction to it was to pull her hair or hit her back, but he couldn't stop the embarrassing grin on his face.

"Hehe...maine bhi miss kia. Sabko." she said, with a wink, making Preeti Di howl to tease them.

"Abbey yaar..." he said, getting off the couch and making a dash to his room to escape the embarassment.

________________________________________________________________

"Bohot yaad aayegi yaar tumhari. Phir gayab mat ho jaana tum sab. Pata chala khush ho rahe hoge, haye aafat gayi hamari" Shehnaaz said dramatically, hugging both Vidhi and Karan together. Vidhi was sullen as she hugged her back. Karan smiled at her, patting her back. 

"Hmmm.... sahi hai sahi hai!" Shehnaaz teased the two of them and Vidhi whined at her.

"Accha, ye Sidharth ke liye. Unko thank you bhi bolna" Karan said, finally handing her the package he was carrying with him all this while.

"Sidharth ke liye? Oye, tu pagal hai. Tu jab milega usko tab dena" she said, denying to take the bag from him.

"Oh hello! Hamari aur unki kaafi regularly baat hoti rehti thi. Aur unhone ye itni pyaari kurti bhijwayi thi Mom ke liye. Aur Vidhi ke liye. Bata de ab Vidhi" Karan looked at Vidhi meaningfully.

"Haaaan! Woh, iss trip se pehle se hi touch me they humse. Beech beech me call bhi kar lete they. In fact, remember woh second day pe tere liye flowers bhijwaye they tere 'secret admirer' ne? Woh Sidharth ne hi bhijwaye they duffer! Unhone bola nahi batane ko. Phir hum actually iss baare me bhool gaye." Vidhi giggled and hi fived at Karan while Shehnaaz was in shock, her mouth agape.

"Haye, woh Sidharth tha?" she mumbled, thinking of the day. 

"Sidharth? Dekh!!! mereko kisi ne flowers bheje!" she told him excitedly.

"Hmmm? Very nice. Kisne? Naam padh uspe?" he told her casually, while sitting on the dressing chair, while he was being prepped for the shoot. 

"Secret admirer. Mera? Yahan kaun ho sakta hai? " she wondered aloud. Amused, he smiled without uttering a word. 

"Ohhh! Tujhe pata hai ....ohh!!!! really ! Wow" she exclaimed thoughtfully. 

"Kya ?" he asked,  curiously. 

"Mera jab last show tha na, toh ek banda tha. Usne tab bhi mujhe yehi orange flowers diye they. Uska naam tha...kya tha, kya tha...haan! Gurjas! Gurjas Sethi! Usko pata chal gaya shayad ki main yahan hun! Waah!" she told him excitedly, making him facepalm. 

"Very nice baby!" Ab tu us Gurjas ko thank you kaise bolegi? Aayega woh milne tujhse?" he asked, looking at his own reflection in the mirror. 

"Nahi. Pagal hai! Main bas phool use karke is se instagram reel bana leti hun lekin. Ab bechare phoolon ka kya kasoor na? Itte toh sundar hain ye" she said, sniffing the bouquet. 

"Woh bohot sweet hai yaar! You've found yourself the best guy out there. Really happy for you!" Karan told her and Vidhi agreed. 

"Sacchi! Woh bhot pyaare insaan lage mereko bhi. Milaade mere ko bhi! Ya seedha shaadi me hi milayegi ab?" Vidhi asked her with a straight face. Sana's face was red and her heart beating fast. How would she be able to endure a six hour long flight back home?

__________________________________________________________________

The doorbell rang and before Ma has announced "lagta hai Sana aa gayi" from her room, Sidharth had already leapt to get the door. 

"Arrey. Nahi nahi, bhaiyya aise kaise..." she continued with her conversation with the driver that had been sent by him to get her, when she was pulled closer by him. 

"Oh hello! Idharbhi dekh lo" he said, wrapping his arms around her neck and bending down, placing his chin on her head. The driver smiled at them and indicated to the luggage. 

"Rehne do aap yehi. Main rakh doonga" he said and the driver excused himself.  Shehnaaz comfortably snuggled against him, her face hidden against his chest and her petite body encapsulated within his arms. 

"Kaisi hai" he whispered in an audible sigh of relief of having her back home. 

"Kutte, chhod, saans nahi aa rahi mereko" she said, hitting his chest with her soft fists, making him laugh and right in the nick of time, he moved away.

"Arrey!!!! aa gayi hamari herione!" Preeti Di laughed and walked at them, who were now standing a little apart than before. 

"Main saaman idhar hi le aayi. Mereko bas ho raha tha ki main ghar aake mil lun bas!" she said, hugging both Ma and Di. 

"Mereko bhi hi bol de" he teased her in front of everyone and she raised her eyebrows at that.

"Haan haan, usko special hi bolde kuch" Preeti Di laughed.

"Hat jaa! Ye pakad mereko susu jana hai!" she said, giving her mini travel bag to him and running off to the washroom. 

"Jiju kahan hai? Kaira kidhar?" she said, on her way.

"Neeche hain. Tu aa, haath muh dhokar, lunch ready hai" Ma laughed at the cartoon of a daughter-in-law that she was going to have.  

PS - Heylo! Likh dia bas. 

1. No corona and no more quarantine in the story. We can be corona-free at least here!

2. I am planning to either end the story or take a leap - have your pick.