Ch 9 - Finding a house and a home

[Sidharth] So ja moti, reached home :*

Once she had received the much awaited beep on her cellphone, she quickly sent away a thumbs up in reply and drifted off to sleep. He wasn't there to hold her while she slept but the feeling was magical. This warm feeling of being in love was very new to her. As against what people had opined about her in Bigg Boss, she hadn't ever been in a 'real' relationship. The sweet feeling of being cared for, having someone in thoughts all day long, pining to meet them, holding them close, being showered with love, missing them and being missed - all of this was very heartwarming. And more so, after having spent four months with him inside a house where they had  completed an unprecedented journey together. But then, she feared if she was being too happy and if there such a thing as being too happy for her own good? What happens if things go wrong? How would I live without him?

Her mind was raced as she thought of things while sticking the red bindi on her forehead. She wanted to dress up and look all 'sanskaari' since she would be meeting Aunty and Preeti Didi. Though from what all he had told her about his family and her meetings with them, conservative and orthodox were the last two adjectives in the world which could be used to describe them, but first 'normal' ghar-wala impression mattered to her. She had dismissed the first home visit when she was barely awake half of the time she was there and Preeti Didi was away most of the time.  All she had received, especially from Aunty was pure love and affection, like her own daughter.  Also, she had decided to straighten my hair just the way Siddharth liked. And thinking of the devil, my phone rang.

"Haanji, boliye?" she spoke dramatically.

"Haye, aise bolengi toh jaan hi nikal jayegi darling", he sounded amused and had a grin as he wore his watch, balancing the phone between his chin and shoulder.

"Accha...hmm..." she took a pause, thinking what to say next but was nicely cut by him in the middle.

"Bas kar, ab natak mat kar. Itni quick thinker hai nahi tu hindi mein. Main nikal gaya hun, mujhe 10 minute me neeche milna. Late mat karna," he warned her.

"Yes, Sir...sun main soch rahi thi ki Au..", before she could ask him what she should be getting for Aunty, he had hung up on her. She rolled her eyes and threw the phone on the bed to hurriedly give herself a last glance.

"Kutta...", she muttered,  now left to think herself and decide quickly on what to get for Aunty.

______________________________________________________

She paced up and down waiting for the doorbell to ring. Siddharth had already called her once and she had tried her best to stall him for another ten minutes. Of course, he was  mad at her for making him wait for good twenty minutes, but she needed to do this.

The doorbell rang and the bellboy apologized profusely for the delay while handing over the parcel to her.

"Koi baat nahi, aap le aaye itne short notice me, thank you so much!", she said gratefully, locking the door behind her. Her phone rang again. She was going to be killed.

"Shehnaaz, this is just not done..." he continued the bombarding, and she interjected.

"Lift, lift lift, 2 second me aayi...", and she ran to the parking where he was waiting.

"Sorrryyyyy baby. Innnaaa sara sorry..."she opened the door apologizing with her best sorry face. It was better to own up to the angry tiger than offend him more, she had realised over time.

"Yaar ye koi baat...." he began the angry rant but stopped the moment he looked at her. She knew that she was looking pretty but this reaction was slightly unexpected.