Ch 46 - Boyfriend duty

The doorbell rang and Ma yelled from Pooja "Aa gayi Sana, Sidharth isko andar bhej de".

"Haan Ma!" he yelled back, and opened the door. She wore a deep magenta suit with white chikankari work. She had straightened her hair and wore very minimal make-up. As he opened the door for her, she wordlessly wrapped her arms tightly around his chest and took a deep breath. Wrapping an arm around her, he rubbed her back. 

"Nervous ho rahi hai?" he rubbed her back pressing a kiss on her cheek and then gently rubbing it to ensure that her makeup was not messed up by him. She nodded, playing with the buttons of his shirt  - "hmm". 

"Jaa, Mom bula rahi hai pooja mein", he told her kissing her head and she nodded and left to see Ma next. 

"Ma! "she peeped inside the pooja room and smiled. Ma was chanting something but she gestured her to come inside and sit besides her which she happily did. 

"Haath jodke bhagwaan ji se aashirward le le..." Ma told her as she sat down on the floor with closed eyes and folded hands. MA picked up her duptatta and covered her head. 

"Meri bacchi aaj itne bade kaam ke liye jaa rahi hai, bhagwaan usko zarur safalta denge" Ma blssed her and applied a pinch of kumkum and roli and kissed her forehead. 

"Aapka aashirward hai na, mere liye toh wo hi bohot hai" she whispered.

"Pagli! Chal aaja, nashta ready hai" Ma took her hand to get up and they walked out of the pooja room. 

"Haye, aapne mana kia na Ritu ko upar mera breakfast banane se?" she pouted.

"Aur kya, aaj itna important day hai, aur tujhe akele naashta karna tha? Aaja baith, maine tere liye daal ka paratha banaya hai" Ma said, as she sat down on the dining table. 

"Ma, bhok nahi hai. Abhi na pet mein gud-gud ho rahi hai, aake khalungi na. Please?" she requested.

"Baby, kha ke jaa. 4 ghante ka time hai, aise khali pet mat jaa. Kha le chup chap" Sidharth came out, buttoning up his collar, but unable to do the right one, he went to his Mom who signalled him to go to Shehnaaz, since she was making a fresh paratha for Sana.

"Us se karwa?" Ma signalled and Sana giggled.

"Aunty mere se sacchi nahi khaya jayega. Exams se pehle bhi na mujhe ulti ho jati thi agar maine kuch khaya toh, Aunty please na, main pakka aake kha lungi" she begged and Ma smiled. 

"Chal theek hai!Main dabba rakh rahi hun. Jab bhi bhook lagegi, tu kha lena. Theek hai beta?" Ma asked and she nodded happily. 

"Ready hai na tu baaki? Niklein?" he asked and she nodded. She looked very nervous and he tried joking around and maintaining physical touch to comfort her as much as possible and she couldn't be more thankful for that. Ma served him breakfast, but he also refused politely, with a promise to eat the parathas once he was back home. 

Ma kissed her head and blessed her wishing her all the best and he teased Ma with his "mere liye toh kabhi aisa nahi kia. Uske saath chooma chaati. Mere ko chaantein. Sahi hai, sahi hai" taunts. 

"Belt lagao, shades lagao" he reminded her as she absentmindedly forgot to hook up the seat belt but again forgot the shades. With a sigh, he took out her shades from the pouch on the dashboard and she then wore them with a grin.

 It was a big day for her. A few days back she got a call to audition for a movie with Diljit Dosanjh and she was completely taken aback, while Sidharth was not. So, she went for the audition and the top 2 of the four candidates had been called again for the finalization of the role and execution of the contract. Unlike the last round of audition where only the  8 shortlisted actresses had been called, today only two had to act and have a look test with Diljit himself. This was beyond her dreams which she had once seen for herself and the butterflies in her stomach were just not resting anymore.