Ch 45 - Tere liye

"Abbey yaar! Mat ro na abhi. Hug bhi nahi kar sakte tujhe. Log hain yahan" he cribbed as she wiped her nose. She glared at him and he immediately turned his whine into a pout.

"Chupkar, mere bacche. Abhi mila hai na mummy-papa se bas 3 mahine mein, pata bhi nahi chalega. Aa, mere paas aa" Ma wrapped an arm around her and kissed her head as she leaned further on, with her head on Ma's shoulder. 

"Aapko bhi pehchante hain hain log. Aap itna free mat ho abhi" Sidharth warned them as he kept an eye on the two other people waiting in the lounge for the flight. 

"Shut up Sid. Teeno ne mask laga rakha hai. Aur woh upset hai, tujhe bas logon aur media ki lagi hui hai" Ma rebuked Sidharth who was not affected at all by anything. 

"Mom, ye aadha din waise bhi roti hi rehti hai, abhi Mumbai jaayegi phir phone karna bhool jayegi apne khud ke parents ko, woh bhi main yaad dilaunga. Rehne do isko toh, bhelupuri hai ye..."he replied, standing up to cover his favorite ladies from public view.

"Haye, kitna kutta hai tu. Tera na, kaan modke hanky bana dena hai maine!" she glared in anger and then quickly turned around to see the people he was talking around.

"Sidharth. Woh log na, jaante bhi nahi hai humein, mudke bhi nahi dekha unhone theek hai? Apne aapko na har samay Sidharth Shukla the star man bana kar theek hai! Baithja kone me jaa kar chupchap se" She scoffed at him and Ma, amused at her kids stiffled her laughter.

"Hum kahan star Madam. India ki Shehnaaz Gill toh aap hain, main kahan chota sa TV kalakar!" he teased her only to get pinched at his waist. 

He yelped "oh gadhi! Pagal ho gayi hai kya! Ma ke saamne gandi gandi harkatein!" he teased her and she blushed, kicking him quietly. Ma couldn't stop laughing at the two.

"Bakwaas baatein karwa lo bas is se. Aunty...Maa.." she bit her tongue, but then continued "raat ke 2:30 baje ki flight le rahe hain ullu ki tarah, lounge khali ada hai, do log hain jo jaante bhi nahi hai aur ye abhi bhi image conscious ho raha hai..." she complained. 

"Aur kya, abhi chance de raha hun tujhe, bhagna hai toh bhaagle, bas Roka hua hai. Kat le,baad me mat kehna ki tune zabardasti karwa li shadi...isiliye tereko time de raha hun", he teased her, but the way she reacted scared him immediately.

"Arrey, main mazaak kar raha hun, baby. Arrey mera baccha!" he laughed and pulled her closer with one arm, making her whine all the more.

"Accha, abhi, mujhko washroom jana hai. Koi aayega humein bulane?" Ma asked Sidharth.

"Haan Mom, jab boarding complete ho jayegi, tab last mein they'll take us. Washroom jana hai? Abhi?" he asked, but Shehnaaz was already up, taking her purse from Ma.

"Chalon Maa, shawl bhi de do", she stood up and took Ma's shawl from her, further giving a hand to her, who gladly took it and walked with her towards the ladies' room. Sidharth saw the two of them go in chatting happily and his heart fluttered again. This was a strange sense of completion, which he could never miss despite the fact that they had practically been living together since months. 

_______________________________________

"Idhar hi so ja chupchap se, theek hai? Zid mat kar abhi. Aaj last day hai chutti ka, aaram kar abhi jaake. Poha banvaungi tere liye Ritu se" Ma kissed her cheek, as Sidharth dragged the two suitacases together with one hand and pushed a really sleepy Sana ahead of him with the other.

"Jee Ma, main guest room mein jaati" she mumbled, without any protest and Ma rolled her eyes, at their pretence but wordlessly went to her room to retire.

"Accha bacchu, tu guest room me jaati hai? Jaa bey, tu aaj guest room mein hi so jaa" he pushed her to his right and she whined. 

"Kutte, mat kar, main bohot thaki hui hun" she leaned against his thick biceps and he bent down to kiss her cheek.