Ch 43 - Main Tumhara

"Mmm..." she muttered sleepily. Last night was a lot of crazy fun. It was a Punjabis-moved to-Mumbai catchup for the three of them with a music, industry and personal talks. The guys were simple souls, with humbleness and similar values - which made the three of them bond really well. There were so many moments, when she wanted Sidharth to be a part of the intimate affair, knowing how he would be able to connect with them as well. He had his own friends, whom he was close to, but then, there was this side to him which she knew of, which always remained hidden from those friends as well, which was simple and not very 'big city-ish' and these guys were just that in the way they were. 

After a hearty dinner, Papaji, Baaz and Chinti had come to pick her up and they ended up having a fun road trip. A lot of family gossip, some teasing about Sidharth and Qiran and a chai break at a local dhaba later, they reached home where a set of overexcited grandparents and her mom squeezed her into warm hugs and she felt at home. She asked Baaz to text Sidharth of their arrival, went off to sleep and  dreamt of Sidharth with a smile on her lips. 

"Dinner sahi gaya raat ko?" he asked, kissing her forehead, as she snuggled closer to him, hiding herself into his chest. 

"Mm...maza aaya, tu bhi hota toh aur bhi maza aata, acche log hain dono..." she replied. 

"Sahi hai, sahi hai..." he said, rubbing her back while showering kisses on side of her face.

"Text toh kar deti dinner ke baad? Subah text karwaya tune Baaz se" he complained. 

"Baby, tera ye shirt mote kapde wala hai, chubh raaha hai. Ye kyun pehna hua hai?" she complained, feeling his green polo.

"Baby, bahar se aaya hun na, abhi change kar lunga ghar ke t-shirt me" he chuckled.And then it suddenly hit her. Why was this 'Dream-Sidharth' talking so much like 'real-life Sidharth'. Wait, what was going on? She was confused. Moving away from his chest, she looked at him. Holy shit! What was happening?!?!?!?!?!?!

"SIDHARTH!!!!!!! TU SACH ME HAI?" she shrieked aloud with the realization, making him jump. He laughed, throwing his head back. She jumped and sat up, cross legged and touched him, pinched his skin and rubbed her eyes. This was not what she had expected even in her wildest dreams.

"The FUCK! YE TU YAHAN HAI!" she yelled, this time, attracting attention of the family, as they came running to her door.

"Hum aa rahe hain!" Her father announced and giggles followed, before they all entered. Sidharth could not control his laughter at her incredible expression. Soon, her parents, grand parents, Baaz, Qiran and Sidharth's mother entered the room with an amused expression.

"AUNTY AAAAAAP BHI!!!" she screamed and ran towards her and hugged her tight. 

"Haan, maa ko hug kar, mujhe chunti kaat, sahi hai tera.." he mumbled. 

"Haan ji! Bhai, ab ladki ke ghar rishta lene toh ladke walon ko hi jana hota hai na!" Aunty teased her, pulling her cheek. 

"Haaain...!" her jaw dropped and then, her face turned red. It was all actually happening.

"Ruko, ruko....kya ho raha hai ye sab....aur haye rabbe, kutte, tujhe aise surprises tabhi dene hote hain jab maine night suit me hoti hun?!" she questioned, now looking at Sidharth and everyone roared with laughter.

"Hmmm....toh, woh plan aise hua ki.." Sidharth began, but noticing her Dad and the rest of the family look at him intently, he closed his mouth in embarrassment.

"Mom, aap bata do" he muttered, eliciting another round of laughter from the family.

"Haye, munda sharma gaya", Dadi pulled him closer and kissed his hand. He in turn, mumbled "kya dadi aap bhi?" with a shy smile on his face.