Ch 12 - We are family

"Baby...I've reached home. So ja tu...Good night", Siddharth called her at 11:30.

"Hmm... ", She sleepily replied. He smiled at her incoherent gibberish.

They had dinner and settled down to watch their BB entry but she could not stay up till her own entry in the show. The dance shoot and all her jumping around took a toll on her and her droopy eyes shut on their own not long after he held her close to his chest.

He admired her for sometime. Of course, he would never admit to her and will fake complaint about the lack of space but he missed sleeping with her head on his stretched arm and her nose close to his chest.

He texted his mother that he will be reaching in 40 minutes and got up with as little disturbance as possible. He got hold of the two bags she had packed for him to take and quietly pecked her on the cheek.

"Meri moti baby...main jaa raha hun. Ok? So ja meri jaan...thaki hui hai. See you tomorrow.." she only frowned slightly as he kissed her forehead and quietly left.

_______________________

What happened the next day was something nobody had predicted. The country went on a forced lockdown due to corona virus. In a matter of just 24 hours, trains and flights were cancelled, state borders were sealed and a curfew was imposed.

But Sana Madam was not aware of anything in the world. It was 2 PM, her phone was switched off and without any care in the world, she had no plans of waking up anytime soon.

Siddharth on the other hand was worried reading the news headlines. He had spoken to both his sisters who were safe with their families in their respective places

His mother was checking the kitchen stock. The maid had been sent off after being paid by her and he was constantly keeping an eye on rhe news.

"Sid, Shehnaaz ka phone aaya?", His mother asked.

He was now becoming impatient. The woman was not switching her phone back on.

"Nai maa. Abhi bhi off jaa raha hai", it was 3 PM now and he was getting irritated now.

"Toh beta, tu ek kaam kar. Usko khud jaakar hi le aa. Aur raaste me na, neeche grocery store wale ko ye list de aana, woh deliver kar dega...", she handed him a list

"Haan. Maa but isko khud akal nahi hai. Gadhi jaise phone off karke baithi hui hai", Siddharth complained, picking up the car keys.

"Arrey. Abhi iska time nahi hai beta. Usko le aa jaldi se. Aur dono mask laga ke aana", his mother gave him a mask for her as well.

______________________________________
3:50 PM, Sana's room

The doorbell rang successively some good ten times and Sana sat down on the bed in confusion. She groggily opened the door, without even switching on the lights of the room, which was pitch dark, thanks to the blackout curtains.

"Wow... Yahan tum ghode bech ke aaram se so rahi ho", Siddharth was talking at the top of his voice.

"Tum me bilkul bhi akal nahi hai? Phone kahan hai tumhara?", he yelled close to her face.

"SIDDHARTH. main abhi soke uthi hun mere na kaan me mat chilla tu", she was irritated at all the really random scolding coming her way.

"Bevakoof gadhi.. Sheher me lockdown hua hai. State borders band ho gaye hain. 9 pm ke baad ghar se bahar nahi nikal sakte hain. Aur tum yahan aaram se phone off karke so", he was really mad at her. Because, he was scared. She was the one who was always on her phone. Not picking up or charging his phone was his thing, not hers. Her silence had scared him for sometime.