Ch 66 - Ye, kya hua?

"Sidharth, kha ke jaa theek se" she rebuked him as he joked around with her Mom while gobbling a banana in just two bites.

"Abbey, kha toh raha hun?" he looked at her confused.

"Ye nahi ullu, tu udhar poora das tareeke ka breakfast laga hua hai. Boiled egg hi kha le. But kha ke jaa. Amma isko bolo, ye dimag kharab karega mera faaltu mein subah subah" she complained to her mother who laughed.

"Arrey, toh woh jaa thodi na raha hi. Hai na Sidharth? Abhi toh karenge baithke breakfast ?" Ma asked hopefully. 

"Nahi, woh Mummy, mereko na nikalna padega. Mere kuch interviews hain. Ghar pe hi hai. Wahin kha lunga" he told her sheepishly.

"Tereko maut nahi aa jayegi 5 minute me/ Tu waise hi 3 minute mein khatam bhi kar lega. Main laa rahi hun bina muh chalaye kha" Shehnaaz stared him down for a second and then rushed to serve him whatever she could from the spread arranged by the stay manager.

"Muh bina chalaye kaise khaoge aap?" Rajbeer joined them, grinning at their interaction.

"Abbey, teri behen gadhi hai" he told him and was joined in by Shehbaaz.

"Main udhar aake hi muh todungi teeno ka" she called out from the dining table.

"Nahi. Sacchi me off ho gayi hai ye" he said, dusting his hands on his jeans and standing up.

"Off? Kaise" Shehbaaz asked.

"Tension le rahi hai kisi cheez kaa. Bol nahi rahi. Stress me hain. Bekar pange lege thappad nahi khana hai abhi" he laughed but walked up to her cooing "Baaaaebyyy"

Sana's mom was amazed and amused at her daughter and her partner. Two of a kind and yet so much in sync with each other. Theirnormal interactions reflected how compatible they were and now she understood, why they had to keep things so much in wrap. Because it needed for them to just breathe in the same air and the world would get to know of their togetherness.

"Jaan, kya hua hai tereko? Kyun fokat ka stress le rahi hai?" he said, trying to pull her closer but she stopped him.

"Do minute shanti se nahi reh sakta ruk ja" she said, finally serving him a plate with three boiled egg whites, a multigrain toas and sme poha with some sauted mushroom on the side. He took it from her gratefully and took hold of her wrist.

"Saath me baith idhar aa" he said, pulling her closer.

"Tu kha aur nikal abhi. Abhi koi baat nahi. Doodh dun ya orange juice lega?" she asked him, with a serious no-nonsense expression on her fce.

"Kuch nahi chaiye mereko. Thank you. Do minute baat kar le bas. Main kha raha hun saath me" he told her and she dropped the glass back on the table with a sigh. 

"Tension kyun hai? Subah se dekh raha hun. Balki kal bhi dekha. Kya hua darling?" he asked her quickly stealing a forehead peck. 

"Pata nahi...aise hi shayad. Sab theek hoga na?" she looked at him a little doubtfully.

"Pagal hai tu? Sab theek hoga. Kuch dimaag nahi lagana hai. Muh khol, idhar dekh" he instructed her and she agreed. He took an apple and made her take a big bite of if. 

"Idhar bhi aa jao yaar. Sab kuch private hi karte ho aap log?" Rajbeer teased them and he sighed.

"Saale, tu zyada nahi bolne laga hai thoda?" he chided him with a blush but walked with her towards the group. 

________________________________________________________________________

It was around eight in the evening. Sana's mother and Preeti Di and Jiju had gone out shopping while the brothers were out with Shehbaaz's friends. Shehnaaz came down home to just rest with Rita Aunty and help her for tomorrow. His show was releasing tomorrow and they had all planned to binge watch it in the afternoon post a big family lunch.  There was a pre-screening today but he had politely refused to receive the episodes in advance and watch since he wanted to do it with the entire family together. Their family.