Ch 5 - Finding our way back

Shehbaaz and Siddharth were cracking jokes on the contestants and striking up a conversation while the doctor removed the drip. Sidharth had pulled a stool near her bed while Shehbaaz was seated on the sofa. Shehnaaz winced as the needle was pulled out from her arm and Sidharth quickly enterwined his fingers in her, softly shusshing her. 

The doctor smiled seeing the two of them together but stayed quiet for the sake of professionalism. She was still feeling drained out and tired, as she closed her eyes resting her head on the headboard of the single bed she was lying on. 

"Tujhe Siddharth ko hi bulana tha, toh ye sab kyu kia, call hi kar leti", Shehbaz teased her and she tried to put on a smile but could not. She did not know how things would go once Shehbaaz and the doctor would be gone. Of course, he would be kind to her since she was unwell, but after that? What would happen to the two of them? Her head spun in circles and she zoned out of the conversation between the Doctor and Sidharth. 

"No, no I am taking her home. This has already been discussed with the creatives. I'll get her back by Monday. I'll take the prescription." was all she heard. 

He was taking her home.  Home? She looked at him with a puzzled face, but he did not look at her.

"Sid..harth?" She called him out but it sounded more like a squeak. 

"Baby, raaste me baat kar lenge", he kissed her forehead and packed up her things in the room once Shehbaaz had gone to resume the shoot. _____________________________________________

"Mom, we have left. Haan, she is half asleep. Nai abhi doctors have advised to not eat for another 2 hours... Haan, because of the drip. Haan, prescription I have whatsapped to Preeti. Ok, ok. Jaldi aate hain. Bye ma, bye." Sidharth had tried to keep his tone low, but the conversation pulled her out of my drug-induced sleep. She had falled asleep holding a pillow, which he had placed on her lap when her eyes had closed, knowing that hugging something helped her sleep better.

"Theek hai tu?",  he looked at her in worry, patting her cheek with his left hand. He wished he had not driven himself, especially today. 

"Hum tere ghar jaa rahe hain?" she asked, slightly tilting to face him. Her face looked puffy and eyes were still swollen and droopy.

"Haan darling. Aisi tabiyat me hotel me kyun rahegi? Mummy bhi wait kar rahi hai, tu.." he replied but that went her mind into an overdrive. Was he being kind? Why would he take her home? In what capacity? Didn't the world already think that she was feeding off his popularity, his fame, as Parth had announced in middle of one of their fights two days back. And hadn't he, himself had said in a lot of his interviews that they were just friends with no future together?

Before he could complete, she cut him off "Siddharth hum kya kar rahe hain..ye sab... Tune... Siddharth main kya hun teri"

She had to gather strength to frame sensible question and before she could explain further, her eyes welled up again. 

"Sana... Ye sab kya bakwas kar rahi hai abhi? Tabiyat theek nai ho rahi hai na. Abhi is it necessary to stress so much about these things?" He sighed, gave her a glance but then again took to the road. 

"Siddharth, mujhse na.. nai ho raha ab. Mereko ganda lagta hai...tune us din bhi bola...jab finale tha. Maine dekha tha...aur..." She could not stop the betrayal of her tears now. She pushed herself back against the car seat and looked out of the window.  The road, divider, the tree and the car were blurring and merging together. The tears now dripped down in abandon. 

"Tum na, gadhi ho!" The next thing she heard was the car pull over. Her reflexes were a little slow today and she just stared at him in confusion and sadness as he sighed rubbing his face.