Ch 33 - Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan Ve

He got stuck in traffic and decided to rush to get the costume and makeup done, before meeting her. He had texted her of his arrival and was slightly disappointed in her. He hated the flighty behaviour and it took him to one of her many flips. Getting into the 'office' look created by the stylist, he sat with his eyes closed and she worked on his hair. After overthinking for a bit, he sighed. He was again, just assuming things and attributing his thoughts to her, when he should have spoken to her, if this was affecting him.

"Umm...Anjali, sorry, sorry, I am interrupting you for, can I quickly come back in ten minutes? I need to do something very urgent...", he asked her sweetly. Of course, she could stop as per his whims and fancies. The shot had been delayed due to some technical glitch and they still had good half an hour to forty five minutes before the set up was ready. But him being the gentleman he was, he sought the lady's permission, who said yes with an impressed smile.

"Thank you, so much!"¸ He gave a light pat on the woman's shoulder and rushed to Shehnaaz's vanity. Her makeup hadn't started yet. She was wearing a blue lightly embroidered chiffon saree and without any makeup on, looked like an angel who had descended from the skies.

"Hi!...Can I speak with her for 5-10 minutes?", he asked sheepishly, looking at the people working on him. That head-scratch with his puppy eyes did the trick. The man and the two women in the vanity left with a wide smile.

"Sidharth! Tu pehle kyun nahi aaya?...maine wait ki teri ki tu aayega, phir maine change kar lia...", she explained and when she did, her flowy blouse distracted her.

"Ye kaun deta hain tujhko ye kapde...ye kya 2 kilometre lambe sleeves hain tere...", he tried picking up her sleeved near her hands but she moved away with a frown.

"Fashion hai...tu pare hat...", she pouted.

"Pout mat kar...baat karna hai mereko...", he said, placing his palm on her lips, wiping the pout off.

"Arre..mera muh, teri problem kya hai...", she asked, irritated.

"Main baat karne aaya hun na?...Tu pout karti hai toh mera kiss karne ka mann karta hai, please abhi mat kar...", he told her in all seriousness and her head flew back in laughter as he did that. He looked so adorable saying that.

"Ruk, kar le tu serious baat, bas ek baar idhar aa...", she went near him and have him a quick peck on his neck. He rolled his eyes but kissed her head, needing to focus.

"Accha sun...", he continued, in all seriousness "mujhe kyun bina bataye aayi tu subah?..."

She heard him and stayed quiet for a moment. Her silence feared her immediately. He thought about what he had just asked her. Did it sound like he wanted her to ask him before going out? Didn't that make him seem controlling again? Was that what he wanted to be with her? The way women who had been with him before had complained of? He immediately felt disappointed in himself and took a step back.

"Actually, strike that...sorry, tu...actually, nahi, kuch nahi...", he kept taking steps backwards before realising it and her heart dropped immediately.

"Pakka, aise dobara nahi karungi bebu...who subah urgent ho gaya tha...aur main 6 baje hi nikal gayi cab se, gaadi leke bhi driver bhaiyya baad me aaye...aur tu kal mujhko sula ke ghar gaya tha, toh maine socha late tak utha hoga...isliye maine tujhko call nahi kia...sorry na Sidharth abhi nahi karungi aisa...", she pouted again and stepped towards him.

Her explanation changed his line of thoughts, dispelling the sudden fear he had developed of disappointing her. He looked at her innocently looking at him in fear and felt a gush of love in his heart.