Ch 15 - Of distance and closeness

After lunch, the three of them decided to watch a movie together, something which had almost become a ritual if neither of them had interviews to give. His mother decided the movie for the day, which was Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, for which Sana squealed and Siddharth groaned. But anyway, the three of them took their spots in Aunty's room - Aunty in the middle of the queen bed, Siddharth on the floor near his mother's feet and Sana at various places, depending upon how the movie was going - if too scary, snuggled between them, or if too emotionally intense, then glued so close to the screen that she would be required to be called back so that the rest of them could watch it.

She was a complete goofball and Siddharth's mother loved the change in atmosphere created due to her vibrant presence.

While Sana and Aunty were thoroughly enjoying the movie, Siddharth seemed very quiet today. In fact, after a while, he quietly lied down next to his mother and closed his eyes.

Sana, while did notice this, thay did not stop her from entertaining Aunty by often pausing the movie and enacting them live for her amused audience (read, only Aunty).

As soon as Aunty went to the bathroom for a loo break, Sana quickly nudged Siddharth "baby, tu naraz hai kya...", She asked, rubbing her hand on his arm.

"Nahi bey.... Ye movie mujhe zyada pasand nai...", He answered but the tone of it did not sound very genuine. Moreover, she had also noticed his left foot moving constantly, which was a clear indication of the fact that his brain was overthinking, which always raised a danger alarm in Sana's head.

Before she could further interrogate, Aunty was back and Sana silently swept back to her own space. Aunty had noticed the fluid change in places which Sana had made and stiffled her smile.

After the movie, Sana went to cleaning utensils and Aunty started with the dinner, while Siddharth had an interview to give. While in the kitchen, Aunty told her stories of Siddharth being notorious and defiant in his childhood, but being the flagbearer of 'right' all the time and Sana was very involved and entertained by those stories, as if making a mental note of what her favorite man in the world was like as a kid.

By the time dinner was served, Siddharth was back but they barely spoke. His mother retired but he also went to his room, announcing that he had a phonecall to make, leaving Sana with no choice to go back to her own.

She called up her mother and spoke to her whole family, which lifted her spirits. Dadi teased her about Siddharth and she had a hard time controlling her blush and dismissing her apprehensions of her coming back to Punjab already married to him.

She then watched a bit of TV, but unable to sleep, tip-toed to Siddharth's room, lest Aunty gets to see her but finds him still on the phone, pacing up and down the room.

As her head popped in with a pout on her face, she waited for him to notice her and when he did, "Kuch chaiye tujhe?", was all he asked.

"Nai...", she responded.

"Abhi phone pe hu na... So ja, kal baat karte hain..." , he said in a business tone.

"Ok", she felt disappointed which was very evident in the swift, reactionary meltdown of her face.
______________________________________________

He got off the phone and then, went ahead to read the book he had left incomplete before leaving for bigg boss. He had resumed the book upon lockdown only. Upon reading than 5 pages of the book, he closed it and sighed. His moti would be needing his presence. She would be upset at not getting his attention and this was his house, not the BB House. So, her happiness was his responsibility. Also, he was missing her a bit too much. Keeping the book aside, he walked softly without footwear and went to his mother's room. Her back was towards the door and she seemed to have been sleeping, judging my her breathing pattern.

Finding the coast clear, he went to Sana's room and without a noise, went in. The star hanging lights were on and her eyes were closed. He quietly slipped inside the covers and spooned her tiny frame and she opened her eyes. Their eyes met and none of them said anything.

She turned to face him, as usual, placing her head on his arm and hand on his chest. He pulled her even closer, pulling her hair back and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Suddenly she realised with eyes going wide, "Aunty....??"

"Mummy so gain... Chupchaap soja", he mumbled.

As he patted her head, his arm completely covering her, she smiled.

"Tujhe pata hai na main tujhse kitna pyaar karti hun...", She mumbled into his neck.

"Hmm.. abhi soja jaldi se. Mummy ke uthne se pehle wapis apne room me jana padega mujhe bhi", he said, never opening his eyes.

"Tu gussa to nai hai na mujhse..." She asked him hopefully.

"Abbey yaar... Abhi chik chik nai kar baby, koi gussa nai hai tujhse. Tu bas abhi soja...subeh baat kar lenge darling...", he sounded irritared.

"Ok. Accha sun. Hamare do rule honge. Ok? Pooch kya...", She asked, drawing circles on his chest over the tshirt.

"Agar maine nahi bhi poochunga toh tu chup to hogi nai... To bhonk", he said only to receive a ligh slap on his chest.

"Theek se baat kar..." She smirked and then quickly continued, "no sleep after fight...sone ke pehle hum baat karke theek karenge jhagda... Aur doosra, time out - jab jhagda badhne lage, toh hum thodi der ka time out leke jhagda pause kar denge...", She explained.

"Haan baby, jo tu bolegi woi hoga... Abhi so ja please yaar", he said, again kissing her cheek.

And with a smile, she went off to sleep in her favorite place ever - his arms.

____________________________________

Rita Aunty smiled at her phone as she texted her daughter - " Sid is in Sana's room. Raat ko mujhe dekhke gaya ki main soi yaa nahi. Sota samaajhta dekh chupchap sana ke paas gaya 😅"

Preeti Di replied - "ye dono bohot cute hain mumma. Siddharth ne kuch bola abhi tak?"

"Kahan kahega wo aise...bhagwaan jaane ye ladka kya karta hai...", Aunty responded.