Ch 28 - Mine

The next few days were a breeze. While Shehnaaz and Sidharth were equally basking in the glory of their love which recently accepted, committed to, and confessed mutually between them and was fully notarized by his mothership. 

While both of them were completely consumed in their respective projects, after turning down Nach Baliye, they were offered a fresh set of projects together, which they were yet to decide on. However, despite the busy schedule, they would find at least a few minutes of solace in each other's embrace. What often embarrassed Sana and received an amused response from Aunty, was Sidharth's growing level of comfort in presence of his mother. He would very casually put his arms around her neck and at times, even noisily drop a kiss on her cheek to which Sana will whine for hours - "tu pagal hai, apni maa ke saamne toh sharam kar lia kar.." and Sidharth would have a standard  - "chal be..." as response.

Two days back, Sidharth and Shehnaaz had received an invite to a party being organized by Salman Khan at his farmhouse in Panvel for the Bigg Boss contestants on Saturday. The new season was going to start in the next one month and like every year, Salman had hosted a get together for last batch of contestants. Sidharth had grimaced reading the invite on his phone and looked over at Shehnaaz who was biting her lips, but of course, given that it was hosted by Salman himself, they had no other option that to go. 

"Toh jaao na...isme itna kya upset lag rahe ho tum dono...", Rita Aunty asked, as the three of them sat in her room. 

"Haan...jana toh padega Aunty...", Sana mumbled, still lost in thoughts. 

"Arrey maa...wohi drame, wohi log...Unhi ki shaklein dekhni padengi...", he complained. 

"Chal koi na...ek hi din ki baat hai...", Sana consoled herself, more than him. 

"Ek din bhi nahi beta....kuch ghante....enjoy karke aao, itna nahi sochte ...", Aunty advised. 

"Iski Reshmi, Zeriwal aur Pooja aayenge, iska toh entertainment set hai...", she said to Aunty in jest, honestly, scared a bit.

"Tere bhi aayenge na...tera pehla pyaar Parth, tera sensible Aseem aur tera Vrushal...sabke gale pad jana...", he said, slightly irritated at her comment and got up from the couch.

"Dekho, dekho..chidh gaya itne me hi...", she teased him. 

"Chal chal...", he said leaving the room. 

"Arrey...lad kyun rahe ho tum dono...", Aunty retorted, but he had left already.

"Abhi maan jayega Aunty, chhodo...ye bhi tension me aa jata hai in logon ki wajah se...", she laughed nervously.

He did not speak to her for the rest of the day in irritation, despite her trials. He did not even come to meet her at night, like he generally would and nor did he pick up her call. 

"Itna gussa?", she texted. He saw but switched off his phone. Sana also decided to not try to cajole him anymore. He could go to hell if he had to make a mole out of a mountain hole about everything. Also, she may have started the teasing, but he teased her right back and they were even. Then what was all this attitude about?

On the other hand, she felt that he wasn't really angry, or was he?Huffing and puffing, she went to sleep. 

The cold war continued on Saturday as well. Without talking to each other, they met at his place in the morning and he left without saying goodbye. However, he did text her "reached the set?", as usual, making Sana smile. 

In the evening, he was getting ready for the get together, while looking at the clock. He knew he should be reminding her of the time. She was not known for being punctual, but he decided not to.