Ch 63 - 'Yehi hona tha'

Eighteen days into the schedule, she barely had any time to breathe during the day and this was also the time when he was busy wrapping up his schedule for hid upcoming web series. Their timing was a major fail and it had been three days since their last 'us time' video call.

"Muh banake weekend bita dena hai? Ye tera last weekend hai yaar Sanu! Teen din me wapis jaa rahi hai. Aise mat kar be" Vidhi whined, making Karan laugh.

"Saalon tum logon ko ghar wale nikal denge. Yahin pade rehte ho mere room me. Mood nahi hai yaar mera" she told them off, removing her makeup. It was 7: 30 in the evening and a Friday night. Sidharth had texted her a "good night. Going to crash" text just an hour ago after returning from a night schedule and she felt a little upset about that. They hadn't been able to talk since last few days and it would have been nice had he taken out five minutes to speak to her. Though she herself would have asked him to sleep had he called her, but she wanted him to call and give her the choice of doing that. She sighed thinking how contorted a thought that was!

"Chal uth ab. Aaj ka weekend tereko hamesha yaad rahega" Karan said, pulling her up and forcing her into the washroom to get ready. They had made elaborate clubbing and drinking plans to which after whining for fifteen more minutes, she reluctantly agreed. 

___________________________________________________________

"Teri baat nahi hui us se?" Ma asked softly when she saw him muttered angrily while texting away furiously. She kind of guessed that it was about her since he was visibly upset. 

"Kahan yaar Mom. 4 din se theek se nahi hui. Aur woh koshish bhi nahi karti hai. Sab karegi - photo daalegi darjan bhar, videos banayegi, par itna nahi hota ki khud se phone karle. Mereko text kia parson, tere ko late ho gaya hoga, tu soja. Phir khud se naraz ki maine phone nahi kia!" he explained in exasperation. 

Ma laughed at his complaints and sat next to him, almost teasing him in jest - "by the way, meri hoti hai roz. Mereko video call kar leti hai" 

"Kaise! Aapko kaise!" he looked at her annoyed. Ma smiled at his innocence. 

"Arrey, mereko thodi na schedule issues hote hain. Jab mann karta hai baat kar leti hai. Main tere baare me bhi bata deti hun. Ki kahan hai kab aayega. Preeti se bhi hoti rehti hai. Mereko roz lunch/dinner ka photo bhi bhejti hai. Kal raat ko party thi, woh bhi bata ke gayi" Ma told him and he nodded - partially relieved and partially angry. Relieved to know that she was okay and had Ma to talk to everyday other than her own family. Mad because he felt as if he was the only one frustrated with the time difference and his busy schedule and hers. 

"Ab aaj free hun, uska bhi off hai. Abhi nahi karegi ye. Itna irritate kar deti hai na ye!" he exclaimed, throwing the remote on the sofa and taking his car keys. 

"Kahan jaa raha hai beta?" Ma asked.

"Drive pe aise hi. Nariyal Pani peeke aata hun. Kairu ke liye woh modelling clay bhi lana hai na. Uski kal ki class hai. Aapko kuch chaiye?" he asked, before leaving.

"Tu jaa raha hai toh neeche grocery wale ko bol dena, usko saaman lane ko bola, aana hi nahi ab tak" Ma told him and he nodded, walking out. 

___________________________________________________________

"Umm...Hi Vidhi! Sidharth bol raha hun. Wassup?" he spoke cheerfully but clearly nervous in tone. 

"Hi Sidharth ji! Finally! Kaise ho aap. Itna saara suna aapke baare mein. Finally aaj baat ho rahi hai!" she replied. 

"I hope nothing too bad. Meri buraiyaan hi suni hongi. Thodi gaaliyaan bhi maybe?" he replied with a short laugh. 

"Hehe. Nahi nahi. Dher saari tareef. Mera number tha aapke paas?" Vidhi was nervous too. For multiple reasons - one, he was the Sidharth Shukla calling her up on her mobile. Second, she knew where the conversation would head next and she feared his reaction. Shehnaaz had partied way too hard last night and thereafter insisted roaming around with the sunroof open. She felt 'warm' as an after-effect of the more-than-she-could handle amount of alcohol and was at the moment down with a fever being looked after in the hotel with Karan's mom who was in the hotel.