Ch 69 - Ganpati

Honestly, I have a completely blank mind as I start writing. I don't know why I am forcing myself to continue or write further. At times, feels like defiance. To whom, I know not.

I have been better - hope you guys feel the same. A little better than yesterday everyday but we all will never be okay - as okay as we were before 2nd of September. Kabhi kabhi lagta hai hum sab FF writers ne hi nazar laga di. Probably God was like, who the fuck do you think you are guys, main twists laata hun.

This is however for those, like me who feel broken-hearted with all that has happened and yet like spending some delusional moments in our own space. Not sure if it will work or maybe momentarily will. Whatever it is, lets hang in there guys.

________________
On the morning of Ganesh Chaturthi, the women of the house were bustling noisily. Sidharth woke up at ten to the loud giggles of his partner with a smile. It felt like a usual sunny, happy morning. Taking his sipper along, he went out and sat on top of the kitchen counter, right next to where his mother was ...doing something he didn't understand much. Shehnaaz stood right next to her, carefully observing the activity. The two women completely ignored his presence and carried on with their meticulous work.

"Abbey - dono ignore kar rahe ho. Aisa kya kar rahe ho dikhana zara" he said, jumping off the counter, parting them and standing in between, pulling both the ladies closer and loosely snaking his arm around each of their shoulders.

"Modak banana seekh rahi hun main Ma se!" Shehnaaz told him as Ma continued.

"Chhod, bhaari hai tera haath Sid" Ma said, moving his hand away and bending over to get the rice flour into a perfect shape.

"Abhi tu bhi naatak karegi?" He said with a straight face looking at Shehnaaz, who giggled at the big baby he was. Keeping his bottle aside, he stood behind her, holding her with both his arms and placing his head on her shoulder, looking over.

"Toh jaa toh rahe hain aaj darshan ke liye neeche, society me. Le aate na wahan se modak. Subah subah chill nahi karte na" Sidharth whined.

"Chill kya hota hai tera? Lotion laga leta taangon pe aur news chala leta? Aur aas pass koi kuch bole toh tu chup kara deta?" She fought back, making Ma crack up completely. Sidharth broke into a laughter also. The one that made his heart tickle.

"Ye kya ladki hai. Ekdum single piece" Ma nodded in amazement.

"Arrey, uska man hai seekhne de na usko. Tu nahake aa Sid. Tab tak ho jayega. Phir breakfast karte hain. Chal ja.." Ma shoed him off, assuring Shehnaaz to shape her modaks without further disturbance.

"Meri na importance hi nahi reh gayi hai iss ghar me. Tu apne ghar jaa na" he whined walking away, making Ma laugh again.

"Ye pagal wagal hai kya thoda?" Shehnaaz said, with a half-frown, half smile.

"Iske cousins aate they bachpan me, unki agar main zyada tareef kar dun toh bolta tha...tum log apne ghar jao sab" Ma nearly had tears of laughter as she reminisced the incident.

"Kutta, cousin jaise behave kar raha hai mere sath" she muttered, making Ma laugh even louder. With these two around, she had some interesting times to look forward to.

____________________________________________________________

"Bolun Mehul ko? Jayegi? ..." he asked her, as she said down sullenly watching Ma pack her handbag.