Ch 20 - Adapting

"Aunty, main aa rahi hun phir se...", she yelled.

"Bacche, mask mat utarna...", Aunty reminded her, coming out to the drawing room.

Sana was moving her suitcases to her flat one at a time. While Sidharth had already done the heavylifting in the afternoon, before leaving for a meeting, she was now doing the rest of shifting on her own.

"Aunty...itni garmi hai..", she said, as she stepped back, maintaining distance from Aunty.

"Beta...tu aise behave kar rahi hai jaise teri vidai kar rahe hon hum...tujhko saara saman aaj hi use karna karna hai? Sid rakh dega na baad mein?", Aunty was amused.

Sana giggled - "Aunty nahi...wo aaj tak mein kar lungi phir parson se shoot start karne ki baat ho rahi hai na...", She explained.

"Woh tum dono ka music video?", Aunty was happy that Sana's first hindi gig was with him.

"Haan aunty, kal shoot shuru hoga uska...toh aaj main saman set kar leti hun bas...", She said, lifting the last strolley.

"Theek hai...tu karle apna kaam. Sid lunch karke aayega...main wait karungi tera, jaldi aana tu...", Aunty reminded her.

"Aunty kyun aap...", She was about to protest.

"Shehnaaz, main thappad lagaungi ye naatak mere saamne kabhi mat karna...Aunty jo bol rahi hai chupchap maanane ka...chalo jao jaldi finish karo...", Aunty instructed.

"Aap bohot cute ho...pata hai aapko?" Sana giggled.

"Tujhse kam hi hun...", She responded, closing the door behind her.

-----------------------------------------

Shehnaz had lunch with Rita Aunty and thereafter went to pick up Shehbaaz, who was happy to see his sister after a long time. Sidharth and her hadn't spoken since morning and Sana was clearly disappointed at that.

In the evening, Aunty came down to meet Shehbaaz with dinner for the two of them, to give the siblings some privacy since they were meeting after almost a month.

Sana asked Aunty indirectly if she had spoken to Sidharth, who told her that he only texted telling her to not wait up for dinner and sleep as he will get very late.

-----------------------------------------

"Saale so ja kutte...", Sana hit his head, taking her water bottle along to her bedroom to sleep. They had had a long catching up session, discussed the family gossip, video called parents and even did an Instagram live together.

"Saala toh ab main Sid ka hun...", He winked and Sana pretended to take her chappals off.

It was her first night in her own bedroom and she was definitely mad at him for not replying or texting her but she knew, they had to start shooting tomorrow and hence, it wouldn't be wise to stay awake the whole night.

She browsed through some tik tok videos and did not even realise when her phone slipped away from her hands and she resigned to sleep.

--------------------------------------------

She was deep in her sleep, when she suddenly woke up with heavy limbs snaking around her sleepy body. She opened her eyes in shock.

"Kal toh koi keh raha tha ki kisi ko mere bina neend nahi aati...", Sidharth whispered huskily into her ears, pressing a kiss against her cheek. It was enough to make her heart jump.

"Attack aa jata mujhe...", She mumbled, turning to face him. She hid her face into the crook of his neck and the angry sigh she did not know she was holding, came out.

"Reply bhi nahi kia...ek baar bhi call nahi kia...aur...", She paused, feeling his chest.

"...itne button khol ke kahan gaya tha tu...", Her brows were raised. Sidharth could not stop laughing at her jealous self.

"Baby, meetings thi, gym gaya, kal ke shoot ke liye kuch discussions they, final karke aaya...aur... Tumhari ye button jaisi aankhon ne pehle nahi notice kia? Ye buttons hamesha aise hi rehte hain...", He tapped her forehead.

"Tu naa...jyada na...chant na bann...mera hai tu...zyada fan following badhi na...main khatam kar dungi..", she threatened him with all seriousness.

He loved his sherni. With all the affection in his heart, he pulled her even closer.

"Abbey...jitne bhi fans ho, kahan hi jaa raha hun main...moti ke haathon marna thodi na hai...", He kissed her nose and she scrumbled it all the more.

"Chal ab soja...mom wait kar rahi hogi..upar jata hun..", he kissed her cheek and got up.

"Bohot pyaar karti hun tujhse...", she mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Mujhe pata hai meri jaan...", He bent down again to kiss her eyes. As he left the room, she opened them back when she heard him walk away to see him leave. She was dying to hear the three words back.

---------------------------------------
Shehnaaz was getting ready and giving Shehbaaz instructions regarding things needed to be done in the house while she was away.

Sidharth called her and she asked Shehbaaz to put the phone on speaker.

"Haan...Shehnaaz tu ready hai na...main neeche hun basement me hun...aja?" , He asked.

"Haan...bas 2 minute...aai...tu chal..", she said and rushed out, shouting a goodbye to Shehbaaz.

She rushed down to Sidharth's place and pressed the bell ten times together. Their maid came rushing and she recognised Shehnaaz.

"Hello Didi...Aunty kahan hain?", She asked.

Ritu didi was always excited seeing Shehnaaz.

"Kaun aaya hai Ritu", Aunty came out asking and before Aunty knew, she launched herself at Aunty, who was taken aback.

"Thank youuuu Aunty, Ritu didi ko bhejne ke liye", she hugged her tightly ans aunty hugged her back.

"Thank you ki kya baat hai bacche, itni toh help padosi bhi karte hain...main toh aunty hun...", She kissed her forehead.

"Ritu, didi ka paratha wrapped rakha hai, de de...main janti hun iss ladki ne kuch nahi khaya hoga...raste me kha lena", Aunty instructed Ritu who gladly got the paratha.

"Didi...bas idhar karke main aa jaungi aapke paas. Bhaiyya toh honge hi...nahi honge toh unko bolna chabhi yahan chhod jayein, main sab kar dungi, jaisa yahan bhi karti hun...", Before Ritu finished, she also received a side hug from Sana.

"Hayee...main kya karti aaplog ke bina...", She again began chatting only to be interrupter by her phone.

"Gadhi...tu khud aa jana cab se..main nikal...", Before Sidharth could finish she screeamed "nahiiiii......main aai...bas bas....", and off she went.

Both Aunty and Ritu were left laughing.

"Aunty mujhe didi bohot acchi lagti hai...", Ritu said to Aunty.

"Didi teri bhabhi ban jaye bas jaldi se...", Aunty smiled, deep in thoughts.