Ch 75 - Mr. & Mrs. Shukla

There was silence all around. It was that time of the day when the night met the day. The sky was still dark but these were the final moments of darkness of the night. Pregnant with the bloom of the day, the darkest of blue was spread everywhere and those last ones of the twinkling starts still adorned the sky. She kept looking at the sky and in particular, the north star, as she had been told by him a couple of minutes ago.

"Baby, you can sleep thoda sa. Utha hua hun main, utha dunga tereko ek ghante mein", he muttered, placing a gentle kiss on the nape of her forehead. His fingers kept playing with the red bangle at the end of her chooda as he looked at her looking up so intently. As strange as it would sound to anyone reading their story, they were lying down in the balcony on a mattress which she had made him pull from one of the other rooms of the resort they were all in. The flower petals were intact on the bed which had been decorated for them to sleep in but Sidharth's wife had other plans and he did not want to even question her on anything after realising how tiring it would have been for her spending an entire day in the pink bridal lehnga and the thousand accessories that had taken full two hours to be removed. He had helped her out very patiently in removing each article - from the payal to the nose-ring and in the middle of the activity, searching for the mangteeka that got lost in the lehnga and took another half an hour to be found.

"Meri jaan, thak gayi hai, bed pe chalke sote hain aaja" he said, taking her face in his big palm, looking at her still lost in the sky and that did the trick of bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Sidharth..." She sighed, with a wide smile on her face, watching him look at her with eyes full of nothing but love. She had always been telling the world how "uski aankhein bolti hain". However, she was the lucky one to witness them speak out loud to her. She had looked at the moon and then had looked at him.

"Sidhaaaaaaarth" she chirped, making him lean up, his head balanced in his palm, his leg on top of her and a small smile playing on his lips.

"Haan baby..." Came the response the same second, as usual. He looked down at his petite, tiny ball of love who kept gazing at him with a sea of adulation in her eyes. His hands reached out to pick up hers and he folded the sleeves of her white kurta up to take a closer look at her mehndi. It looked beautiful - the dark, almost black patterns on her milky white skin. Her arms half ladden with the red chuda and some white bangles as a part of it. She beamed as she saw her own hands, happily sighing she rubbed her nose against his arm.He said nothing, quickly bent to peck her lips and then examined the pattern again.

"Ye mor hai na...lovely" he muttered. She nodded and then pointed towards another pattern.

"Ye mera favorite hai. Ye wala jaal types, isme andar Tera naam hai S S" she giggled and he brought it even closer.

"Toh ye toh Maine kal hi bata dia tha dekhte hi...aur S S can also be both of us. Keval mera naam nahi hai. Dono ka hai" he said, finally kissing both her palms, taking her into his arms and squeezing her closer.

"Tu pati hai mera?" She giggled at the sound of him, making him finally smile. It was unbelievable and surreal and she kept saying it and he kept smile to the sound of it every time she said it out loud. They were one. They always were, but they were each other's in every sense of the worldly word now.

"Haan be" he laughed, not knowing what would come from her next. That was the best part of their conversations. They could flow and go anywhere. She looked up to his eyes and then, his lips and reached out to trace the lip line.

"Mera favorite pati" she said, kissing his chest out of sheer love, her finger still near his lips. The intense moment was suddenly filled with his throaty laugh. This woman was mad.

"Your only pati baby. Kitne pati hain" he laughed at her statement. Lying back down and pulling her closer, trapping her between his arms.

"Mera toh pati, patni, mummy, bhai papa sab tu hi." She said, with a giggle. He laughed at his silly wife, biting her cheek now and she whined and pushed him away the same instance - "mat kar na kutte, nishan pad jata hai" she rubbed her cheek with a frown, making him laugh all the more.

"Bed par chal ab. Ho gaya, chand ke neeche leit gaye tere kehne par. Ab uth, bed pe aaja. Soyenge dono ek ghanta, alarm laga ke, kuch nahi hoga. Itne log hain, utha lega koi na koi. Aaja shaabash. Tired hai baby tu bhi. Woh 12 kg ka lehnge me aise hi workout ho gaya tera subah se" he said, getting up and trying to pull her along but she whined.

"But tu pooch na, ki main yahan kyun aayi tere sath" she said, kind of giving up and resigning to his demands of getting to bed.

"Bhaunko bhai" he said, a little impatient, but still in extreme love with the most amusing wife of all times, which was his.

"Tujhe yaad hai, ek din, hum big boss ke ghar pe they, jab main dukhi thi, arti thi aur woh mere sath baithi nahi, toh phir tu aaya, aur hum moon pe faces dekhne lage they?" She asked him and he halted for a moment, sitting back holding both her hands into his.

"Haan, yaad hai na...apna moment tha hamara..."he said, not having any idea of how it would pan out next.

"Pehli baar tere ko maanga tha maine chand se...maine bhagwan ko bola tha, chand ko bola tha, bas aise hi rahe tu mere sath...mujhe bas tu chahiye tha, aur kuch bhi nahi. Tu mil gaya. Aaj wapis uske sath baat karni thi, usko thank you bolna tha...hamesha bolungi...sun li usne meri. Bas ho gaya mera. Bas tu hi chaiye ...Sidharth. Hamesha rahega na mera?" She asked, her eyes welling up with pure love.

"Hamesha meri jaan....hamesha...Baby, tu na...I can't explain Shehnaaz. ...tu...main, hamesha rahegi meri" he said, not able to explain as he hugged her closer, sitting on his knees.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered, urgently holding her face closer to his.

"Biwi hun, teri. Har baar poochega?" She asked, in a whisper that was followed by a giggle.

"Haan....hamesha poochunga. Meri hai. Biwi hai. Jaan hai. But har baar poochunga, tu mana karegi toh manaunga...." He said, looking meaningfully at her.

"Kitna bakwaas karega aur..."she cut him off impatiently, placing her lips right on top of his and letting him take control till their souls were one. His hands held her face close and their lips danced to the sound of their heart and then, joined his head with hers, when he felt her get breathless.

"Shit...Sidharth...maine pati ko kiss kia" she breathed out, with a giggle, making him laugh as well.

"Abbey yaar....gadhi. Abhi upar chal, aur so. Is se zyada gandi harkatein we cannot afford...." He laughed, pulling her up and dragging her to bed. The best was yet to come.

I am trying. This has not turned out well but I am going to at least start writing and finish the story in a justified/satisfactory manner.