Ch 57 - Bracing for change

"Mom! Oh God this is so yum! Aisa lag raha hai jaise kisi janmo ke bhooke ko aaj dawat mil gayi ho!" Ravi Jiju moaned as he stuffed a humongous morsel of Bhujia Paratha into his mouth. Kaira who was settled on his Mamu's lap taking bites off his paratha giggled seeing her father.

"Kha na bacha phir, acche se kha. Garam laati hun. Sana beta, deke aa Jiju ko" Ma handed plated the newest paratha on the lot on the serving plate and Sana applied a generous amount of butter before she quietly placed one of them on to Jiju's plate and the other on Sidharth's giving a small peck to Kaira who pouted to get Sanu's kissie.

Jiju patted her head happily, continuing with discussion on theruling political party and its unfettered powers. Absent-mindedly as Sidharth tore into a paratha which was hotter than his, he noticed that he had an extra.

"Darling mera ho gaya tha. Aur tune aur zyada butter laga dia isme yaar. I can't eat this darling, mera poora cardio waste jayega" he shouted out loud enough to be heard in the kitchen. Hearing him, Preeti Di and Sana walked out and Preeti Di gasped at her husband's capacity to overeat.

"Hey bhagwan...tum toh aise kha rahe ho jaise tumhe khaana nahi deti thi mai" she complained and Jiju grinned. Before she could comment more, Mom came in between them with a tiny one and kept it on his plate again.

"Ye last hai Ravi, tere liye ekdum special, chota sa. Ye wala kha ke bata" Ma requested lovingly and Ravi Jiju melted in a second. There was nothing he the world he could say no to. He had lost his mother when we was 20 and since the time he got married, he had seen Ma as nothing less than well, Ma.

"Sarr pe Chadha lo isko aap log. Ravi yaar, phir baad me mere paas mat aana ki overeating ho gaya, acidity ho gayi...aur tum, hello!" she eyes Kaira who was lost in her own world, playing comfortable in Mamu's lap and playing with the food on his plate.

"Sidharth, I swear I will be a real b-i-t-c-h to you if you s-p-o-i-l her. This isn't temporary abhi. Neeche utro Kaira, Mamu ko khane do. Bade hog aye ho aap, aise pareshan nahi karte hain badon ko" Kaira was rebuked by her mother.

"Kaira Mamu ne kya sikhaya tha aapko, Mom ko karke dikhao zara" Sidharth prompted her and waited to see his sister react.

"Mamu wowww...Mumma uhh" she recited dramatically, making a disgusted face for a dramatic effort.

"Very bad Sidharth" Ma scolded Sidharth while Ravi Jiju laughed at the theatrics his daughter had started indulging into. Sidharth grinned proudly at her little performance and hugged her, giving her a hi-5.

"Abhi beta, Mumma bateyengi aapko, wow aur uhh ka farak, aapko rehna Mamu ke saath nahi hai. Mumma ke saath hi hai. Aapka wow-uhh nikalegi abhi mumma ruko aap" Preeti Di warned.

"No bacha, abhi Mamu is here, you have no fear okay?" Sidharth kissed Kaira on the forehead, pulled her up from his lap and seated her on the chair, getting up with his plate.

"Kha toh le?" Shehnaaz asked him as he walked into the kitchen with the plate.

"Ho gaya mera baba. Ek toh diet gayi. Phir 3 khaunga toh theek nahi hai..."he said, confused, looking here and there to figure out what to do with the half torn paratha.

"Ek toh khud banao bola tum logon ne...phir waste karo. Main is umar me paratha waste karne ke liye nahi bana rahi hun" Ma scolded him and before he could keep the plate on the kitchen slab, Shehnaaz took it from him.

"Arrey, main isi me kha leti hun Ma. Sidharth de de..." she took the plate and took a bite from his food.

"Aww...Ma, bolo, jaise movies me bolte hain na, jootha khane se pyaar badhta hai wala line" Preeti Di teased them and Sidharth rolled his eyes.