Ch 39 - Yours

"Haaaaaain?" were her first words once her heart re-started pumping blood after halting for good two seconds. She felt as if she would faint. The man she loved was sitting on his knee with a ring in his hand, popping up to her the question she had dreamt that he would, one day, ask but not in her dreams when she was dreaming, had the expected the day to be today, this soon.

He looked at her nervously. What if he had hasted in doing this? Was she not ready? Was she not sure? Damn, he should have asked her parents first. The speed of his thoughts was a hundred per second and his knee had now started hurting. 

"I'm...I'm...shayad..." he mumbled in pain when she did not utter anything after that long, exclamatory "Hainnnn". The silence hit him by a force strong enough to blow him apart. Unable to look into her eyes with a "no" or a pitiful glance, he looked down to the floor, and prepared himself to get back up from his knees to his feet, when he felt pressure on his hand. He looked up and saw her face drenched in tears. He stayed put to understand further since the situation had suddenly become quite confusing for him too.

"Haan...lekin main bhi toh poochungi na...pyaar toh dono hai na" she said, placing his hand on her heart.

"Ye dekh...pagal ho gaya tha, usi din se, jis din se tune mujhe game sikhane ke liye dost banaya...yaad hai, woh queen round? mera haath pakad ke bahar nikala tha na tune? ...mera haath hamesha aise hi pakad ke rakhna padega. Mera aur bigg boss ka winner tu finale ke mahino pehle se hai kullu, aur...main toh explain bhi nahi kar sakti tu mere liye kya hai..." she chuckled, feeling slightly silly that she couldn't tell him more, but was overwhelmed with emotion.

He could not blame her for being so overwhelmed, when he himself was in a similar condition. Of course, he had better control over his emotions that her and had successfully stopped himself from letting his eyes go wet. He could feel her heart thump loudly and it was time for her to know, he felt the same.

"Idhar dekh..." he placed hers on his and she chuckled.

"Ye tune mujhe sach me poocha abhi?" she pinched him, a little too hard.

"Gadhi, tu satak gayi hai!" he yelped in pain and laughed at the same time. 

"Haan, mera answer hai haan!" she nodded vehemently. She wanted to say more, but could not articulate. He laughed and pulled her face closer and placed his lips on hers. She was his. Reciprocating with equal passion, she flt as if her heart would burst with pride and happiness. But then, she pulled apart and broke the moment.

"Kya hua?" Sidharth held her face between his hands and looked into her eyes.

"Tune haan nahi bola..." she said, with pursed lips and worry in her eyes.

"The fuck, oh God! Darr gaya main..." he laughed, sitting with his feet crossed on the floor now.

She looked at him perplexed.

"Gadhi, if I ask you, will you marry me, toh mera jawab haan hi hoga na, tera kuch dimag pagal wagal hai kya? Tu defective piece hai bey..." he said, pulling her closer and embracing her tightly, as if left for a moment, she will run away. 

"Oh..haan" she said, in a moment of enlightenment, giggling away happily.

"Oh fuck, Mom, Di, aa jao! She said yes!" he yelled, and Shehnaaz smiled brightly and the two ladies came in. Preeti Di was a riot. She came in screaming and sat down with the two of them, engulfing them into a big hug.

"Oh Sid!" she sighed in relief and joy. She was the happiest for his brother. Things seem to fall in place for him gradually and he couldn't have found a better partner for himself.

"Tum log khade ho jaoge zara? main aise jhuk ke nahi baith sakti" Ma complained and Shehnaz leapt to touch her feet.

"Mera baccha...meri tu beti hi rehne wali hai...idhar aa..." Rita Aunty pulled her up into a hug and soon, it turned into a family group hug.