Ch 26 - Am I smitten or am I smitten?

Her face was glowing when she went to the Shukla's in the morning. Of course, that idiot had slept the moment he hit the bed since it was way past his bedtime, but her heart just wouldn't stop fluttering with joy.

To her surprise, he hadn't left for the shoot and was finishing his breakfast when she reached. Their eyes met and she felt extremely shy.

Rita Aunty smiled at the silent interaction of the couple and asked Sana what she had for breakfast, when he got up from his chair with his rolled paratha, quickly gave her a hug, a small peck on the cheek and placed his half eaten the paratha on her lips "bite leke dekh, mummy ne banaya hai..." .

Completely red and embarrassed since all of this happened right when she was in the middle of a conversation with his mother, she awkwardly took a bite, praising Aunty's magical cooking and telling hin to finish off the rest.

Unaffected by her embarassed reaction, he went back to his chair and continued non-chalantly and Aunty couldn't help but laugh at her adorable expressions of guilt and shame.

"Baccha...mujhe pata hai you guys are together...aur bigg boss bhi dekha hai beta maine...", Aunty went to the kitchen very amused.

"Moti ...sharma kya rahi hai be...", Sidharth laughed at her and she frowned.

"Pagal hai tu... Aunty ke saamne...aur...kal raat ko tune...", her face lit up as she mentioned the post.

"Arrey... Mera baby hai...aaj bohot cute lag rahi hai...chal, late ho raha hai main jaata hun abhi...", He said, quickly hugging her tightly and walking out of the door with his bags.

She sighed and rolled her eyes at his constant escapism of discussions about his feelings.

Rita Aunty looked a little gloomy, while sounding all normal whike talking to her.

"Ruko aap...aaj sad ho?"she asked, stopping her by holding her hands.

"Nahi Sana...main kyun sad hongi...", She smiled at her.

"Aap didi ko miss kar rahe ho hai na...", She asked.

"Arrey, woh toh normal hai...koi nahi...", Aunty cheered herself up.

"Nahi... Bilkul aad nahi...aap kal mere saath subah mandir chaloge...no sad. Hun ghoom ke aayenge...", she proposed.

"Tu rehne de...tereko kahan time hoga beta
...aur main bilkul theek hun...", She tried to reassure her.

"Nahi...bas plan final. Didi ko toh daant daant ke le jaate they...mere saamne ye faltu ke naatak mat karo aapp...kal subah 6:30. Its a date, Aunty", she said the last sentence in an accent which made Sidharth's mother laugh out in amusement.
------------------------------------
As late as 11:30 that night, Kaushal had come ro Sana's place where he came with an offer for Sidharth and her to take up Nach Baliye. They sat down together and read up the terms and conditions for their acceptance and were given two days' time to accept or deny the offer.

Once Kaushal was gone, Sana came back to Sidharth lying down on her bed with his arms on his chest, feet moving and mjnd somewhere else. She sighed, he was stressed.

"Kya chal raha hai tere dimag me...", She asked, settling down next to him, stretching his arm rightfully to use as a pillow and he quickly, habitually obliged.

He was in deep thought on what to say to her. As much as he hated dancing, he knew she loved it. While he had already done Jhalak, it would be a good platform for her to be recognised. Also, it would help them come out to public as a couple, a topic which he felt was still sensitive.