Ch 59 - Surprise, surprise!

"Shehnaaz! Shehnaaz! Darling, uthja. Main jaa raha hun. Lock karle bacha!" he gently patted on her cheek. She groaned as he did that and asked for time. He sighed, patting her head not sure, if to wake her up or make her sleep again. He would feel like calling her 'bacha' at times, especially when she surrendered herself to him completely, like a child. The love which he felt for her was weird – he loved her in every manner, wanted to take care of her, protect her, ravish her, run away with her; live with her.

"Itna subah kyu utha raha hai! Tera problem kya hai yaar!" she whined, but got up.

"Good girl, abhi bas lock karke wapis so le. But be ready by 11, Ken suitcases bhijwa raha hai. Phir you need to speak to Mehul and everything theek hai? Mereko kuch meetings hain, I'll call you when I am back okay?" he said, kissing her cheek, leaving a thick layer of saliva, knowing that it will irritate her and possibly, wake her up from her sleep.

"Sidharth, maine mukka marna hai" she stomped her feet and he laughed.

"Accha, accha sorry. Sorry" he apologised, wiping her cheek with his palm and then shutting the door, which she locked after him and went back to sleep with a sigh. After five minutes of light sleep, she opened her eyes and checked her phone. Day after today would be her date of departure. Her stomch felt weird at the thought of it and she took a deep breath to relax herself. She did not take a second more to think and immediately called him.

"Haan!" he spoke, a little surprised, expecting her to be asleep, which she clearly wasn't.

"Baby, kahan hai" she asked.

"Potty" he replied casually, making her cringe.

"Phone kyun uthaya tune phir. Pagal hai kya" she whined, her nose wrinkling at the thought.

"Abhi nahi uthata toh alag drame hote" he complained.

"Abbey yaar. Bye for now" she hung up making him laugh. She pouted, wanting to speak to someone, but before he could start worrying, she texted him.

[Shehnaaz] Batane ke liye phone kia tha, nai to bhool jaungi, tere multivitamins bed wale drawer me hain. Maine idhar wale bhi tere room me rakh diye they kal. I hate you.

[Sidharth] No. You love me. Thank you. Mere saman ka tension nahi, khudka dekh abhi.

[Shehnaaz] *Potty emoji*

[Sidharth] Photo chaiye, baby?

[Shehnaaz] Andar aake muh todun?

[Sidharth] :*

She wanted to speak to Baaz to feel better, but before she could finish dialing, her phone rang and it was Karanveer, her cousin in Canada. An hour long conversation had helped her relax about a log of things. Her extended family was excited to have her there. They literally emotionally blackmailed her to drop any plans of staying in a hotel after the quarantine and comforted her about how they had everything covered, even if she forgot to pack something necessary. Their warmth and excitement rubbed off on her and her general anxiety levels came down to a large extent.

The rest of the day went in a jiffy as she got busy confirming the outfits that Ken had packed, checking each bag with his assistant who had come home and then meetings with the film production team and her management team. By evening she was free, but was surprised by the fact that Sidharth had not called her or reached out to her even once during the entire day.

Once done with her task list for the day, she ordered some samosas for tea time, knowing how almost the entire family was fond of them and went to his place. Finding the house quiet, she went into Ma's room.

"Ma? Itna sannata kyun hai? Chai nahi pina?" she asked, sitting on the bed with a smile.

"Arrey, tera wait hi kar rahi thi main. Jiju aur Preeti gaye hain Kiara ke admission ke liye. Tu aur main hi hain...chal, aaja" Ma took her with her to the kitchen where they chit-chatted, she told Ma about the phonecall with her cousins, the production and also, the status of her packing. Ma listened to her patiently and provided her inputs, wherever she could. It was a daily ritual – she would tell Ma everything about her day when they met and even things Ma did not completely understand about. She liked sharing things with Ma and then asking Ma if what she did in a particular situation was right or not and Ma would guide her about things from a philosophical perspective and she would find a way to apply the advice to her life situation.

"Tu jayegi tu ekdum suna ho jayega sab phir se. Sidharth kahan hi baat karta hai. News chala ke baith jata hai bas" Ma complained, making Shehnaaz giggle.

"Main aapko video call karke aapka sar khaungi abse. Usme kya hai" she told as-a-matter-of fact.

"Koi sar nahi khati tu mera. Teeno me sabse pyara bacha hai mera sabse chota wala bacha" Ma blessed her, kissing her head. She wrapped her arms around her mumbling a "love you Ma" and feeling slightly overwhelmed.

"Accha, before I forget. Sidharth ne bola tha tereko ko bolne ko. Uske room me kuch rakha hai bed pe. Le le aur phir usko call kar" Ma told her and she went off to Sidharth's room once her tea was over. On the bed was lying a packet, which had a tag attached to it saying – "For Shehnaaz".

Confused, she opened the packet and found a tiny mirror in it. There was another note attached at the back of it which read as: "I wanted to be romantic jaise movies me hote hain, dress deke ready rehne ko bolna tha...aise dress up ho jaise mereko pasand ho. But tu mereko hamesha hi pasand aati hai. Toh jo bhi reflection me dikh raha hai – that look I love. JAise tu khudki favorite hai, meri bhi hai. :* Abhi ready hone mat baith jana, nahi toh 1 ganta aur lagayegi aur mere plan ko chaupat karegi. Toh bas hairbrush uthake baal bana le. Aur neeche aa in the next 3 minutes.Driver wait kar raha hai, ground floor parking me. Late karegi toh thappad."

She frowned but was astonished.

"Ye kutta romance karta hai ya dhamki deta hai. Samajh me nahi aata mereko toh" picking up his hairbrush, she combed her hair and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a pink cotton kurta with self-print and white palazzos. Not sure of where she was going, she put on some nude lipstick which was always kept in his dressing drawer for' emergency purposes'.

"Ma, usne bulaya hai. Main aati hun" she announced to Ma and rushed out. Ma smiled at the girl making haste at her son's instructions. She was bossy and submissive to the man together, in different ways.

"Kahan jaa rahe hain bhaiyya?" she asked confused, not sure of what was going to happen next.

"Sid bhaiyya ne mana kia hai batane se, Mam. Sorry!" he responded politely, looking at her through the rearview mirror.

"Haye ye kar kya raha hai aadmi" she muttered waiting for him to call him after she had left a question mark on text. But he did not respond. Bored after some time and tired from all the work she had completed during the day, she fell aspeep with her mouth agape and head against the head rest of the seat. Absolutely unaware of her surroundings, she woke up to a repeated tap on her shoulder.

"Madam, utho! Bhagwaan kya date hain meri. Kharrate maar ke so rahi hai gadhi! Shehnaaz, uth ja!" he rubbed her back and she came out of her slumber.

"Kahan hain hum?" she asked, looking around. The driver could be seen walking away and ahead of them was the door to a villa of sorts. Confused, she asked him – "haye, ye kahan hain hum? Aurmain kabse so rahi hun?"

"I think 2 ghante se...kyunki tune mera text ka reply bhi nahi dekha. Aur darling bahar aa. Hum date par aaye hain" he grinned at her as he finally announced to her in clear words.

Note - Heylo guys! Today is the last day of the clash of the fandom contest and your author requests you to please vote/comment on as many parts of the FF as you can - and also, spread the word, in case someone who wants to read a new Sidnaaz FF and hasn't read this one yet - can also contribute. 

I'll try my best to squeeze in one more part before today ends, but the probability is very low. 

Also, thank you for all the love and support! :*