Ch 7 - Tying loose ends

[Sidharth] All ok? Davai lia na?

[Shehnaaz] Ekdum changa si! :D

She sat there on the toilet seat texting him away happily. She felt better. She would get tired and want to lie down after a few hours but other than that, she felt much, much netter mentally and physically now that things were smooth between them. It was Wednesday and she was looking forward to the weekend and seeing him again.

[Shehnaaz] Kya kia aaj?

[Sidharth] Day ok gaya. So stressed, weeking coming. Tu phir pakayegi :P

She pouted with a frown on her face but it turned into a smile. His words had assured her heart and somewhere her heart told her it was just his way of saying "can't wait for the weekend!". So, she decided to play by her own rules.

[Shehnaaz] Main bhi miss kar rahi hun. :)

He bit his lower lip again to control his smile as he read that. She had finally started reading between his words. But he knew, the wise owl phase was fleeting. The fierce 'hurt' Punjaban would resurface if he kept teasing her that way. 

[Sidharth]Btw, good show last night. Meri tshirts tujhpe zyada suit karti hain ;)

She grinned and then giggled at that. Her heart fluttered a little. He had watched the episode! THE SIDHARTH SHUKLA sat before the television set to watch a show he could never be imagined watching! But he did?! He did. 

[Shehnaaz] Haye!! I love you bebu! :*

She wrote exactly what she felt. And he read it with a smile. He sighed and looked up from his phone to find her mother amusingly eyeing her while taking the peas out of the pods. She sat Indian style on the sofa, collecting the pea pods. He had demanded that matar paneer be made for lunch the next day and she had relented. 

"Kya?...Kya hua?" he stuttered, passing a smile to her and then sheepishly looking back to his phone. His mother sighed and continued with her meal prep, simply nodding her head with a smile. 

"Maine kahan kuch kaha bhai!" she muttered. 

"Arrey, match interesting aa raha hai!" he mumbled, going back to his whatsapp chat. 

[Sidharth] I know. I love myself too! :P

She read it and rolled her eyes. "Iska muh todne ka yaad rakhna padega!" she muttered to herself.

[Shehnaaz] Mar jaa, jaa ke!

He laughed, having imagined how her face would have looked while typing that out. He was missing her. He missed her. Keeping his phone aside, he sighed and closed his eyes. There was a dull ache, a strange pinch. He wasn't unhappy or sad. He was chatting with her happily, pulling her leg and deliberately teasing her and yet, he felt a tinge of longing. His stomach felt knotted when he thought of her, in a positive way, as she would clarify. There were butterflies. He was sighing more than ever. He was thinking of scenarios which had not happened. He was imagining things that would happen when they would meet next. It was overwhelming and yet, he felt peaceful in a weird way. It was this very, very comforting warm cocoon of a feeling. He smiled to the thoughts of her. :)

"Weekend pe aayegi na?" Rita Aunty asked, with a subtle smile as she continued looking down at her task. 

"Haan, haan. Jaunga packup ke time" he replied absentmindedly.

"Nahi, Preeti khud aayegi. Bola tha usne" Ma said, just in time to catch his embarrassed face. 

_______________________________________________