Ch 35 - What means to you, means to me.

"Shehnaaz, uthja...", he spoke softly, whiling the curtains away to ley the sunlight creep in. She stretched with a yawn, without opening her eyes and her T-shirt, which was actually his, since they got too lazy to go up and get her clothes back down, rode up to expose the supple skin at her stomach.

He chuckled at the sight and sat down next to her, his fingers tickling her bare exposed stomach.

"Amma noooo...", she yelped and pulled her tshirt down and moved away from him.

"Naiiii kar...", she said, to him sleepily and pulled her hand up to have a look at it. The bandage had turned yellow due to the ointment. He took her hand closer and observed it carefully.

"Tu kab utha...", she asked, now inching closer to him.

"Moti baby, 10 baj raha hai, 11 baje nikalna hai na mujhe...", he told her, his fingers running through her hair as she moved her head on his lap and arms around his waist.

"Haye, Aunty sochengi main kitna late uthne lagi hun...", she mumbled into his stomach.

"Chupkar...Aunty ko pata hai tune medicines li hui hain...dard toh nahi hai abhi?...", he asked, bending just enough to kiss her head.

"Nahi...theek se kar...", she mumbled again.

"Kya bol rahi hai...idhar dekhke bol...", he whined, pulling her head back up by her tugging at her hair.

"Theek se kar!", she said again, this time a little louder.

"Kya theek se kar?", he asked.

"Kissie de, theek se...", she said with her eyes closed and a pout on her lips.

He rolled his eyes and took her face into his hands and smothered it with noisy kisses – the last one being a peck on the lips.

"Kullllluuu!", she baby-talked and hugged his waist tighter.

"Abbey yaar...", groaned at being called 'Kullu'. Again. Carefully removing her bandaged hand from his waist, he used force on her other one to pull her out of the bed.

"Kya kar raha hai kameene...chhod mujhe", she screamed.

"Chup kar ke utho abhi, breakfast karna hai, teri dressing karni hai phir shoot hai mera...aur aaj shaam ko who Mamaji bhi aa rahe hain...chal uth", he pulled her up, despite her whines.

"Haye, tere mamaji ki baatein sunkar toh darr lag raha hai mujhe...mujhe nahi milna mama-mami se...", she spoke nervously as she was being peeled out of the bed, completely. His face had no expression as he gazed at her. She was wearing his t-shirt which was large enough to fit two of her and his mother's white, loose salwar and looked adorable.

"Mujhe bhi nahi milna, but hum abhi kuch nahi kar sakte, tu chal na bey...war nahi ladna hai unse, bas 1-2 ghanta chupchap unki bakwas sunana hai...tu ja bathroom me, tera brush hai wahan, brush karke aaja bas, baad me nahati rehna...time nahi hai baby", he spoke hastily and she went in with a groan.

Shehnaaz was very scared and apprehensive of the upcoming dinner. While talking to Preeti Di the night before, when she told her about Mamaji's visit, Preeti Di had pursed her lips in a weird smile and wished her luck. The goodluck wish made her feel as if the dinner was going to be an exam for her.

_____________________________________________

Shehnaaz bit her lower lip as he dipped the cotton in tincture. His mother took a loud breath and the cotton touched her raw incision and a painful, shriek sound erupted out of her.