Ch 60 - The Date

He held her palm into his, as she stepped out of the car to look around. It was dark around with very low visibility, but the place felt serene. They were in the woods, surrounded by trees and right outside of a huge gate to an unknown place.

"Adith, room hai idhar. Tu andar park karke ruk jana. Call me if you need anything and thank you!" Sidharth patted his back and then slid his arm around her waist, making her gasp at the sudden movement.

"Kya hua?" he chuckled. She nodded, her cheeks turning red as she nodded in dismissal. 

"Hmm" he kissed her head before taking her through the archaic gate to what seemed to be lawns. There were still no lights or tubelights and the moment she stepped on the lawn, her heels dug deep into the moist, freshly mowed grass and she yelped. 

"Shit yaar. Mere sandal" she whined, pulling it out of the muddy soil. Laughing, he sat down and took her sandals, letting them both hang on his index finger.

"Ghaas hai bas. Nange pair chal le" he told her and she pouted.

They must have walked just five steps ahead when there was suddenly, a lights everywhere as if someone had switched the lights on. Startled at the sudden movement, she hugged Sidharth who held her close with his left arm, his right hand still holding her footwear.

And the sight before her was plainly beautiful. They stood in a huge lawn of a glass cottage which was next to a pool. On the lawn was a glass table with black iron chairs and a swing next to the pool - everything glittering in gold because of the fairy lights rolled up like a vine everywhere. An attendant smartly dressed in black came smiling at the two and took her footwear from his hand directing them to the table. She gasped at the beauty of it and could only look around and then at him, holding his hand tightly, like a small child in wonderland.

"Sidharth ye..." she was still trying to soak in the beauty that place had to offer.

"Sit!" he whispered in a tone, she never associated him with. Of course he was a gentleman, but at home, he was more of Tom to her Jerry self than anything else. She felt very overwhelmed as he kissed the back of her palm, as she sat down on the chair. 

"Toh, remember the day jab tu MSK ke shoot ke baad aane wali thi? I was supposed to pick you up. Hamara jhadga hua tha, aur tu faint ho gayi thi?" he reminded her, pouring water into two glasses for them both. 

"Haan - mujhe yaad hai...toh?" she asked, amused at why she was being reminded of that day. 

"So, that day was supposed to be our first date. Yeh jagah booked thi. I had planned everything. But then, it didn't work out. Toh I thought idhar aate hain" he told her, taking a sip of water from the glass. His eyes felt different today and Shehnaaz couldn't help but notice that.

"Sidharth...ye sab. Tune...Sidharth ye...wow! ye kitna...wow!" she could barely frame sentences and he chuckled.

"Ye hum kahan hai lekin?" she finally asked.

"Lonavala hai darling...main kabse lana chahta tha tujhe. Kabhi ho hi nahi pata tha..."he told her, walking up to her and taking her hand into his, making her get up.

"Aaja, tereko property dikhata hun. We are staying here tonight!" he announced, taking his shoes off as well - walking barefoot with her. They walked inside the cottage and the lights switched on by their own. The house was huge, aesthetically decorated but yet, minimal in terms of the interiors. There were two huge bedrooms with French windows and bathrooms which had open spaces attached to them. But what made the entire place special was how it was lit up with fairylights all around. 

"Kitna sundar hai ye sab..." she told him in a whisper, leaning against him as he had his arms wrapped up around her. 

"Best part toh dekh...aaja!" he said, kissing her cheek, taking her palm into her again and bringing her out of the door back to the lawn and the pool. He switched on the lights on the wall and she could see a very cosy seating arrangement right next to the pool with more than a dozen cushions, adorned with starry lights and lanterns.