Ch 3 - Can I be yours?

"Sidharth Shukla, ladies and gentlemen!" Manash announced while everyone applauded. She was still wrapped around by his arms and nothing else mattered. She had no idea about what was happening and what was going to happen next. She did not care about why she was here and what the world expected out of her. All she knew was that she wanted to be with him and never lose him. She wanted the rest of them to vanish.

Sidharth smiled and had his 'camera face' on, but he could hear those soft sobs against his chest, which no one else could and his heart thumped against her face, as madly as he could her hers against his body. He kissed her cheek and pressed his nose against her head, letting her know that it was okay. She was okay. They would also be. She was safely wrapped by his arms around her and she was not going to come out of the cocoon and he let her be as he interacted with Manash.

"Shehnaaz ke baarey mein best cheez kya hai?" Manash asked and her chubby, yet tiny frame shook as she tried not to crumble down. He held her tighter as he continued to speak highly of her. How she was able to bring to fore a side of yours, which you never knew existed. How she was an amazing human being. How it was so easy breathing around her. And these were just the words he knew would make the camera and the people in front of their television sets happy. He could write a book for her to know her best traits, if she asked him to.

He felt her breath heavily and the grip of her sweaty palms tightened around his waist. He pressed a kiss on her head and gestured Manash to take his hand mic, which he gladly took. He wrapped both his arms around her neck and gave a little squeeze.

"Oye" he whispered into her ear, rubbing circled on her back asking Shehbaaz to chill. Manash called out of a break and the shoot halted as she broke down into a fresh set of loud sobs.

"Oye! Shehnaaz! Bas, bas bas! Kya ho gaya baby? Shoot hai. Pagal hai kya. Stop crying. It's just been a day", he whispered, cupping her face and smiling at her. She couldn't help but smile through the tears seeing him smile. Some movement took place around, people were walking around Manash and they had a moment of privacy.

"Merese nahi hoga ye, Sidharth...Tu shadi kar mere se", I sniffed, as he used his fresh white handkerchief to wipe her nose, while holding his waist. It would have sounded ridiculously had anybody heard her say that loud, but he chuckled at her whine.

"Arre meri jaan, tu itna stress kyun le rahi hai! Shoot hai baba. Dil pe nahi lena hai ye sab. Bas 5 din ki baat hai, main hun tere saath! Text karte rehna! Phone hai tere paas baba! Aur Shehbaaz toh rahega hi na andar!" his face was just inches away from hers. He continued using his handkerchief, dabbing at certain spots, pulling her hair back. There were "awws" which could be heard around them. She looked at the source of the sound. Parth's female prospects were cooing watching Sidharth with her, and she felt conscious all of a sudden.

"Kuch nahi hota.." he whispered, as if understanding what she was thinking at the moment. He casually placed his arm around her shoulder and squeezed her shoulder, speaking softly into her ear.

"Shehnaaz, ye kaam hai. Kaam ke jaise le. Baad mein dekh lenge. Mereko bhi lag raha hai ajeeb. Let's see how it goes. Okay? Itna stress mat le. Aur be professional. Tera pehla bada kaam hai, BBke baad. Give it your best. Tu bohot accha karegi. Ok?" he pressed a kiss of her forehead and she nodded with determination and newly-derived strength.

"Hug kar mereko" she demanded softly, looking at his eyes. They seemed uncertain too, but she could still feel the warmth and love which he had always been able to convey to her in a weird way. He smiled happily and hugged her tight.

"Dada, Pani?" he called out to one of the spot boys while her face was still hidden in his chest. She wanted to capture his essence and store the comfort it provided to help her get through the days when he was gone.

"Le pani pi. Shoot finish karna hai", he pressed the tumbler to her lips and she took a huge sip. His hand held hers through the touch-up while the make-up man attended to her and thereafter throughout his stage presence. He would laugh at her antics as she would jump up to him and ask for a 'kiss of energy' and he would happily oblige but both of them were scared, not knowing what future held for them.

He was lost as he sat in the passenger seat, watching the trees move in the opposite direction. He was leaving them behind and moving ahead. Would their relationship have a similar fate? His heart shuddered at the thought. His fingers went on trace the teeth mark on his left palm and he smiled. She had bit him on camera to mark her territory and then bit him again while sobbing as she left for her stay on the show. He had shrieked at the pain, but let her bite and she frowned but dig her teeth deeper into her skin. The audiences had laughed and Parth had snorted at the act but it was only him who had seen through her antics. She wanted him to know that she had a right over him. She couldn't kiss him in front of all those eyes. So she chose to bite him. And bit him hard for him to not forget her. His face was contorted into a smile. He knew this feeling was special. He would not let her go. Not unless she wanted it to end, of course.