Ch 34 - Love does make one go crazy

After a hearty meal together, Shehnaaz and Sidharth were casually resting in her bedroom. His mother had come up to check up on her and then called it a day, asking him to take care of Sana's hand and wake her up if she was needed. Sidharth was slightly amazed at how easily his mother was encouraging him to stay the night at her place.

"Kya soch raha hai?", she asked him, finding him deep in his thoughts with as usual, closed eyes and fingers drumming his chest, as he was sprawled in the couch.

"Mom...generally bohot chik-chik karti hain, jab main raat ko ghar nahi aata...unko neend nahi aati mere bina...aaj khud se boli ki main yahan rahu, tere saath...", he told her very honestly.

"Haan, toh Aunty ko pasand hun main...", she said, proudly.

"Abbey pasand toh unhe Shefali aur Shilpa bhi they...", he said, without thinking, and then bit his tongue as she gasped, wordlessly.

"Tere exein? Accha...woh sab ghar aati thin?...", she asked, her tone no longer sweet and babyish.

"Abbey yaar...mujhe iss baare mein baat nahi karni be...", he said, shrugging the topic aside, but she did not relent.

"Kitni thi teri Sidharth...", she asked with a very serious expression on her face.

"Gina nahi maine...", he mumbled, looking at her now.

"Sahi hai...aur jab hum bigg boss me they toh us din mujhko bola tune...dil ko...sabse pyaar hua, harr ek baar hua...", she sang, imitating him with a scrunched up face.

"Shut up...", he laughed at her mimicry of him.

"Aunty ko bataya tune haath ka apne?...kal ek baar tere doctor se mil lenge, agar theek nahi laga toh mere waale pe challenge. Meri knee surgery jis hospital me hui thi wahaan..", he told her.

"Nahi hayee...pagal hai tu, ghar pe nahi batana hai...abhi do din pehle hi toh dadi-dada ka tension hua, who log sab pareshan ho jayenge, aur ye toh waise bhi 4-5 din me theek ho jayega, hai na?...", she sought his confirmation.

"Haan, theek ho jana chaiye tab tak...", he assured.

"Tu bed par kyun nahi aa raha ?...", she finally asked him in another couple of minutes.

"Baby, tereko lag sakti hai na haath par...", he explained, but she looked at him with a sad pout.

"Main doosre side haat shift kar lungi...please idhar hi reh na bebu, mere paas..", she requested very cutely. He sighed and went to her. As she lifted her hand, he took all four cushions and kept on the left side of the bed and settled down on her side.

"So ja ab chupchap....kal subah subah uthke 8 baje tak pohoch jayenge doctor ke clinic...", he said, switching off the lights. He feared hurting her hand and deliberately slept slightly away from her. After a couple of minutes, she tugged at his shirt and he removed his arm from his forehead in question.

"Paas aa...", she whispered. He obliged, checking around, if she had space to stretch her injured hand and she placed her head under her hand, as she had always done, sighed and held his hand into hers.

"Tujhe kitni baar pyaar hua hai, Sidharth?...", she asked, thoughtfully.

"Shehnaaz, soja chupchap abhi...", he whined and quietened her. She did not speak for another minute, but her mind was not coming to a halt.

"Bata na...tujhe pyaar tha us Zeriwala se?...Phir kya hua...?", she asked, placing her hand on his chest and making random designs thereupon.