Ch 13 - Hide and seek

It was the third day of lockdown and even at 7:30 AM, the Shukla House was reverberating in commotion.

"Arrey, yaar... Itna subah subah kya ...", Siddharth came out of his room rubbing his face in irritation to see Sana and his mother chatting loudly and doing something, which he did not bother to care about.

"Yaar, mummy bigg boss khatam ho gaya hai. Tum log abhi bhi subah sone nahi doge kya", he grumbled standing behind his mother and lazily placing his face on his mother's shoulder and wrapping his arm around her waist.

Shehnaaz giggled at the manchild clinging on to his mother. This is exactly how she had imagined him to be.

"Sidd...chhodd beta. Dekh Sana aloo ke aprathe bana rahi hai", his mother said with a kiss on his cheek.

"Wahan toh banaya nahi kabhi tune. Aaj bade parathe bana rahi hai tu haan", he opened one eye and questioned.

"Toh... Mujhe tum gadhe contestants ke liye nahi banana tha khana, main aunty ke liye bana rahi hun...", she said, without looking at him.

"Ohh. Toh contestants sab gadhe they... Waah. Maa suna aapne", and now he was wide awake. His mother facepalmed, realising that the fights on bigg boss were real and exactly as wild as were shown on tv, probably, wilder.

"Haan toh... ", Now Sana looked up from the dough she was preparing. The Sikhni in her was out to fight.

"Haan bas ek Asim sensible tha na tera... Oh Asim, oh Vishal...", He minicked and it led to a fight.

"Bacchon...arreyy", but all his mother could do was say that and then break into an uncontrollable laughter seeing Sana chase and Siddharth run like cartoon characters.

After a sprint of 10 minutes, she thought of the parathas that were supposed to be made and the returned to the kitchen.

" Tu bohot gadha hai..." She mumbled and went back.

"Abbey... Haar gai?", he challanged her in a teasing tone.

"Ullu... Parathe banane hain, late ho jayega phir... Aunty jab tak pooja kar ke aayenge, tab tak bana ke rakh dungi na", she explained.

"Ab tum dono ka ladna ho gaya ho toh Siddharth, tum Shehnaaz ki help karo. Main pooja karke aati hun. Tu khane ke baad naha lena", his mother went away.

"Yes sir", Siddharth saluted and his mother rolled her eyes with a nod. Her son, however old he might be, acted exactly like a 10 year old when he was happy and this girl making parathas for the breakfast was why he was happy.

His mother smiled without looking back as she heard Sana whisper loudly "Siddharth tu pagal hai...", but didn't look back to give them their privacy.

When she had gone to the Bigg Boss house, she whispered and ask him, in a way that the cameras would not catch them in this conversation - "You love her?"

"Hmm...", He said. She knew he was scared, probably of her reaction.

"Good choice", she had whispered into his ears only to see a few tears escape his eyes.

He never took up the topic with her and she let him be. The bond between them was special - he wasn't just her youngest son, he was her strength, her angel and also her companion in life. After her husband's death, she had seen her little boy grow into a man of admirable strength, qualities and values.

However, in being an ideal son, he had lost out on a lot of things - feeling 'loved' being a prominent one. He had dated many women in the past, but none of the relationships could materialise into a lifelong partnership because none of them could understand the intricacies of this man and still give him the love he deserved.

Shehnaaz, on the other hand, his mother thought was the girl he needed. She saw beyond the accent, English or intelligence that Sana had to offer. She was compassionate, caring and devoted when it came to him. His mother has tears in her eyes watching her get up in the middle of the night to massage his feet. Like all the 'Sidnaaz' fans out there, she hoped for them to be together. She wanted the Naaz for her Sid.

_____________________________________

"Kya kar raha hai tu", she said in irritation and she wanted the paratha she was heating on the pan to be really perfect.

"Baby, tere gaal me aata laga hua hai..."he said pulling his tshirt up, exposing his abs, to wipe her cheek off. He had started working out in full swing and though she hated when he was away from her, the outcome of it was very appetising.

"There...", he dusted it off and kissed her cheek without any thought, making her go red.

"Help karun kuch teri?" He said, looking at her.

"Nahi...tu jake nahale. Aunty ke aate aate tu bhi aa jana. Jaa", she ordered him but found him smiling at her face even after a minute.

"Kyaa?" She asked him.

"Baby tu attitude deti hai toh hot lagti hai be..." And she was now a deeper shade of red.

"Chal nikal tu... Nahake aa siddharth", and he was pushed out of the kitchen.

________________________________________

8:15 AM, Dining Table

"Waah baccha... Ye toh bohot accche lag rahe hain" , his mother rsaid as she opened the casserole of parathas and Shehnaaz beamed with joy.

For some strange reason, she did not understand why she was stressing so much about Aunty's approval.

"Siddharth... Abhi phone side me rakh do please", Aunty rebuked Sidddharth who was trying to read something on his phone.

"Haan maa... ek minute", he said.

"Beta... Bohooot swaad hain... Mujhse toh kabhi nahi bante aise...", his mother told her taking the first bite.

"Abbbey yaar... Gadhi tune koi tik tok video daal di hai? Bed par se", Siddharth dropped his phone on the table.

"Haan, kal raat ko...kyun" she asked.

"Abbey, followers ne tera pillow cover aur mera blanket match kar liya yaar. Its all over the news ki tu yahan hai...", he pushed his plate away and left the dining table.

"Arrey... Siddharth..." Was all she could say. His mother gave her an understanding look and she had no idea about what to do now.