Ch 8 - Strolling together

"Baby please yaar. Aise mat kar yaar", he pushed her out of the bed, having no other option left.

"Siddharth please aaj nahi... Please yaar. Main 'bhoo' thak gai hun" she pleaded and made the best baby face she could but he was in no mood to listen. She landed with a thud on the carpet and glared at him.

"Abbey, walk nahi karna hai tujhko darling. You just have to sit with me. Aise mat kar Sana. Uth ja na baby please", he had that cute face on and then, she knew thatshe was losing her bargaining power.

"Mujhe tayyar hona padega yaar. Tu kuch nahi samajhta", she grumbled but got up on her feet, seeking his hand, which was ready to pull her back up.

"Abbey, koi photo nahi khinch raha teri. Jaldi se koi bhi jeans daal le T-shirt badhia hi hai teri. Kuch mat kar aur", he told her, genuinely appreciating her T-shirt. However, the shorts were a big no-no for public dressing.

She groaned and hit him on his chest fisting her hands into a punch that went straight to his chest, but did not even budge him. He softly pouted and pcchh giving her open mouthed flying kiss. She stomped her feet and went into the washroom with a pair of jeans shouting a "ye pcchh, pcchh kya hai? Main koi kutta hun tera?"

He laughed at her reactions. There was nobody in the world he could imagine talking this way than her. His family was close and fun but a lot of his antics wouldn't work on them as he was the youngest amongst the adults and there was nobody in the family he could really boss around the way he did with her and he loved how he could take care of her and yet, order her around at the same time.

Despite the complaints, she was ready in the next two minutes. She had quickly put on a red lipstick, thrown up a pair of black jeans and continued to wear her white sleep t-shirt.

"Chal", she stood before him to seek his approval. Coming close, he looked at me intently and felt all warm and fuzzy as he looked at her like that. Kissing her cheek quickly, he removed her clutcher, which she had used to tame the bed-head and ruffled her hair.

"Khule chhod de. Pyaari lag rahi hai", he said with a straight face and then went ahead to collect his keys and wallet. He would make such romantic gestures with such an expression-less face, making her want to giggle and crush him into a hug.

"Tu na duniya ka sabse khadus aur unromantic boyfriend hai", she spoke under my breath, almost running behind him to match his brisk walk. Of course, his legs and hence, his steps were longer and she had a lot of catching up to do every time he would walk faster.

He laughed out loud at the comment pushing against the door and checking if the key card worked fine.

"Is se pehle ki mera irada badal jaye, nikal jaate hain", he winked, pulling her closer and casually pulling her along.

"Kyun, what irada do you have Mr. Shukla", she asked, confused and he bent closer to her suddenly in his child-like movement and pecked her nose.

She closed her eyes and grinned, her bunny teeth on display. Her cuteness was melting him by the minute and he pressed a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

Pulling away, he looked into her eyes and muttered with his mischievous smile "iske pehle ki baat badhe, madam aap nikal lijiye".

"Haye kaisa sa hai tu", she felt her nose and ears turning hot.

_______________________________________

"Kya soch rahi hai?", he whispered, gently patting her head which was resting on his shoulder, his muscular arms holding her close. It was 1:30 at night and he had taken her to the fag end of the Queen's Necklace. It was a weekday and hence, a little less crowded generally but the spot they were at was more isolated that rest of the Marine Drive. Also, generally those who were out around this area this late in the night on a weekend were either in love or misery; eitherway to busy in their own worlds to care about someone they would not, or rather, did not expect to know.