Ch 27 - Promise v. Kasam

"Aunty? Aap ready ho na?...Main darwaaze par hun", Sana called Aunty, who immediately opened the door for her.

"Sana, bell kyun nahi bajayi? Kabse wait kar rahi thi tu?...", Aunty called her in. 

"Aunty, Sidharth so raha hoga na...isiliye, nahi bajaya. Bas abhi aayi hun...", she explained. 

"Bas 2 minute aur ruk ja beta...Bas thoda sa saaaman pack kar rahi thi...Tu toh itni pretty lag rahi hai", Aunty praised her and she grinned. 

"Sacchi? Ye suit Shehbaaz ne dia jaane se pehle...", she told Aunty like an excited kid. 

"Bohoooot sundar lag raha hai, ye bhi aur tu bhi... main bas bag rakhti hun, tu Sid ko bol de, uthke lock kar lega ek baar bas?...", Aunty told her and went in. 

Happily, she went to Sidharth's room to find him fast asleep, turned to his left. A big smile sat on her face as she sat down next to him and lovingly placed her hand on his head. Taken aback by the sudden action in his sleep, he opened his eyes and yelled in alarm at the movement, scaring her as well and both of them yelped. 

As he gained sense of his environment, he held her hand and apologized - "Shit...tu pagal hai? aise achanak...main so raha tha aur ..baby main darr gaya...aise chanak...Sorry, you ok?..", his thoughts changed from a sense of sudden danger to anger to concern and his eyes checked to ensure that he did not hurt her in his reflexes.

"Hayye rabba...main darr gayi thi Baby. tu aise chillaya..", she frowned, still slightly out of breath. 

In the meanwhile, Aunty came running, hearing the two of them scream. 

"Kya hua? Sana chillai kyun?...", she was worried, while Sana felt bad and foolish at the same time. Unintentionally, she scared him, got yelled at by him (though unintentionally) and then, worried his mother.  

"Kuch nahi Mom...main so raha tha, isne sarr par haath rakha, main darr ke chilla dia ek dum se iske upar..." he explained, his eyes full of sleep. 

"Ohho...pagal ho tum dono? Sana, bas ho gaya, main bas ek paani ki bottle daal leti hun chal...", Aunty enthusiastically rushed to get her bags but Sana felt slightly unpleasant. She had really touched his head out of love and affection and the reaction set her back. 

"Baby? I am sorry, jaan...mujhko nahi pata tha na ki tu hogi...", he pulled her into a hug and she closed her eyes. 

"Woh...main kehne aayi thi ki tu lock karle andar se, Aunty aur main Siddhivinayak jaa rahe hain?", she murmured and got out of the embrace. 

She had told him about the plan last night and he scolded her since she also had to go to her shoot at 11 and they had slept really late last night, but the girl wanted to spend time with his mother and he really did not have any say in that regard. He also wanted to come along, but he had to leave at 8 for his shoot.

"Haan...main karta hun...", he said, observing her reaction silently. 

______________________________________

This was Sana's first visit to the Siddhivinayak temple and both the ladies came back very happy and satiated with the Darshan and each other's company. There were so many rituals, which Sana wasn't aware of being a Sikhni, but was keen on following Aunty's instructions and Aunty felt happy having a girl who was eagerly asking questions and following instructions. They stopped briefly for a nariyal paani at the beach and came back in time for her to go back to shooting. 

She was supposed to shoot back to back for two commercials today, followed by a meeting with a producer for a Punjabi film against Diljeet  as the lead actress! They hadn't rolled out the offer yet and things were at an inception stage. She felt positive after the mandir visit but somehow, she still felt a bit off about the morning.