Ch 41 - Chashni

Three months later:

"Packing toh ho gayi na baccha? Sab rakha na tune? Documents, kapde toh chal itna important nahi hai, phone charger, tab wagairah sab hai na?" Aunty reminded her as she stirred the sugar in the lemonade jar.

"Haan Aunty, rakh toh lia hai...aunty oil laga doge na aap? Pleaaaase" She pouted while pouring the liquid into two glasses.

"Haan meri drama queen...le aa abhi lagati hun. Ja sid ke room se lekar ke couch pe aa" Aunty took both their glasses and walked to the living room.

She went to Sidharth's room and looked around. He had been gone for two days and was going to be in Indore for three more days but the room smelled of him. She bit her lip and took a whiff from his pillow. She missed him suddenly too much and all at once. Her eyes fell on his photoframe lying on his side table and picked it up. 

"Gadha kahin ka..." she mumbled, missing him terribly. They haven't spoken for more than half a minute in two days. He had been terribly busy in shooting for a new music video for Sonu Nigam, with Divyanka Tripathi as the co-lead for the video, while she herself was going to Punjab for a pro bono event to raise funds for under-privileged kids. She had performances lined up for Jassie Gill and Tony Kakkar and had also planned a short visit to home. 

"Hum pehli baar aise door door rehne wale hain" she snuggled closed to him and to his shock, bit his hand lightly.

"Abbey!" Tu pagal hai? Kaat kyun rahi hai?" he shrieked, looking at his arm which now had a bite mark.

"Kyunki main tujhe miss karungi" she said, pouting and looking at him with a frown.

"Toh miss karna na baby, kaat kyun rahi hai" he said, rubbing over the mark.

"Tu mujhe miss nahi karega?" she asked, still frowning.

"Nahi" he said, with a straight face, scrolling through his phone.

"Kutte!" she punched his chest and bit harder this time, making him wince.

"Tu pagal hai?" he pushed her away and she sat back in anger.

"Gadhi mere sleeveless shirts me shot hain...khoon nikal de tu kaat kaat ke" he rubbed his biceps, examining carefully. 

"Tu sach me nahi karega?" she asked him, her tone a little more serious now as she asked the question again.

"Abbey yaar, nahi kia tha jab tu gayi thi Punjab aur main yahin tha?Pakaya mat kar yaar itna...at least ab mat pakaya kar, ekdum dimag sada deti hai tu" he whined, getting out of the bed and tying his shoelaces.

"Main toh bas pooch rahi thi" she retorted.

"Tu kat rahi thi, abhi maine kuch kar dia na, toh roti rahegi phir....aur baby, tu khud bhi jaa rahi hai, tu apne project me busy ho jayegi, main khud busy ho jaunga, time ka pata bhi nahi chalega...aur phir jab main wapis aaunga toh tu nahi hogi, but I am sure we will hardly miss each other with the number of things lined up next..." he said, tying his shoelaces.

"Jaa kyun raha hai?" she asked with a sad expression.

"Kyunki nikalne me ek ghanta reh gaya hai, Mom ke paas jaata hun, woh dinner ke liye wait kar rai hogi" he said, now looking at the mirror and setting his hair back to normal, which she had turned to a mess with all the hair-pulling she had indulged into a while back.

"Ok" she said, dipping back into the bed, under the covers and just looking at him sadly.

"Chal, khyal rakhna apna" he said and quickly came over to peck her forehead.