Ch 40 - Kids these days

"Abbey oye, neeche aa breakfast ke liye", he yelled at the mobile through his speaker.

"Hmm" was her response on the other hand.

"Hmm kya? Tu gadhi hai? Aise subah uthke kahan nikal gai upar?" He was almost yelling in anger, while combing his hair, admiring himself, shirtless in the mirror.

"Hmm...thodi der me aai" she mumbled, clearly sounding sleepy.

"Tu gai kyun subah? Pagal harkatein kyun karti hai tu? Matlab logic samjha tu mujhe zara..." He was irritated as well. This is not how he had expected to be talking to her after the night he had proposed and she had said yes. If anti-romantic were a word, the situation would be that.

"Aa rahi hun Sidharth. Abhi subah subah mat lad yaar" she whined.

"5 minute me aa...warna tu dekh" he threatened her but before he could say anything further, she had already disconnected.

"Sidharth? Phone kar Shehnaz ko...ye kab gai ladki? Isko itna kya jaldi ho rahi thi? Bulao bhai bulao, meri hone wali bahu ko bulao" Aunty winked at Preeti Di who roared with laughter. Sidharth smirked, but failed. His smile gave his emotion of boundless happiness away.

"Aa rahi hai, pata nahi gadhi jaisi 4 baje uthke nikal gai, mujhe toh pata bhi nahi tha...yahan sticky note laga gai thi..." He told.

The doorbell rang and Preeti di rushed to get it. A pretty disheveled Shehnaaz came in and dived into Preeti Di's arm directly. She laughed and hugged her tightly. But oddly, she felt warm.

"Baccha, tu garam ho rahi hai...dikha" she placed her palm on her forehead and it indeed, was warmer than normal.

"Sana, beta, tabiyat theek nahi hai bacche?" Aunty rushed to her side, worried and so did he. Suddenly everyone was hovering and feeling her skin against theirs.

"Arrey..." She whined exasperatedly, "aap log chill karo...bukhar hai, halka hai... Isiliye main subah wapis ghar chale gayi thi, warna ye sota nahi agar isko ehsaas ho jata toh...aur drama karta" She explained settling down on the sofa.

"Tera dimag pagal hai baby? kya drama karta main? Zyada nahi bolne lagi hai tu aaj kal?" He yelled again rushing in to get the thermometer.

"Main haan ko na me badal dungi, har time chillane ka haq nahi dia hai...Aunty subah se kaan me chilla raha hai...pehle phone pe aur abhi ye dekho..." She complained to Aunty, who exchanged looks with Preeti di and nodded her head.

"Bhagwan kya karun main tun dono ka..." Preeti di giggled at her poor mother's reaction.

"Ek chamata bhi khayegi tu...har baar koi nai bevkoofi kar leti hai" he came back with the thermometer and felt her neck with the back of her palm. She looked at him with worry clouding his expressions. 

"Bhook lagi Aunty" she pouted like a babym making Aunty smile.

"Mera baccha! Poha banaya hai didi ne, khayegi? Ya paratha banaun tere liye, bata?"  Aunty asked her.

"Didi ne banayi!????!!! Toh pohaa!" She squealed in joy.

"Main koi master chef nahi hun. Itni kha khush ho rai hai..." Didi laughed, walking to the kitchen to serve her the poha. 

"Muh khol chup kar ke..." Sidharth scolded her, stopping her from further engaging in conversations. With a frown, she gave in. Aunty sat next to them and Shehnaz leaned in to keep her head on her shoulder. Aunty smiled at her and patted her head.

"100 hai abhi...poha kha aur paracetamol le, Mom, hai na davai?" he asked, keeping the thermometer back.

"Nahi baba, main jab bohot thak jaati hun toh ho jata hai fever, abhi so jaungi toh bilkul theek ho jaungi..." she protested.