Ch 71 - Contemplation

Four days later, Sidharth was sprawled on the floor, his back against the sofa and head resting casually against Preeti Di's lap while she poured a generous amount of hair oil on her palm. Ravi Jiju had been out of town since two days on a work trip and Maa was busy monitoring household chores. Little Kiara sat on his lap, facing her 'intoxicated due to the head massage' Mama and diligently drawing on his plaster.

"Baccha, ruk ja, abhi karna pehle Mama ko oil karne de acche se" Preeti Di told Kiara who kept scribbling with her tongue out and only uttered a "hhmmm". Sidharth chuckled, opening his eyes to look at what the little monster was up to.

"Kya likh rahi hai tu monkey?" He frowned trying to read.

"Kiara Mama likh rahi hun...bas A...M...A more" she whispered.

"Apni #SidNaaz kab aayegi?" Preeti Di asked Sidharth, lightly patting her oiled hand at his scalp, making him sigh. The reference was being made to the scribble made by Shehnaaz closer to the elbow so that it could not be spotted that easily but of course, Preeti Di noticed.

"Shoot toh 3 baje tak ka hi tha...aa rahi hogi. Phone de, call karke poochta hun" he muttered, thinking about it himself.

"Mama, done! Ab aap massage karwa lo. Baad me aake flower bana dungi" she told him, getting off his lap, holding his uninjured shoulder.

"Dheere utho beta, Mama is injured na" Preeti warned her and Kiara nodded obediently.

"Thank you! Ab main bahar khounga toh log dekh lenge ki I am Kiara Mama toh log mereko ghar wapis chhod aayenge" Thank you Kia!" Sidharth chuckled, kissing the little girl's cheek. Feeling accomplished, Kiara ran away to tell her Nani of the feat that she had achieved.

"Kya cartoon paida ki tune be" Sidharth laughed, closing back his eyes and moaning as Preeti Di used more force in her massage.

"Maine toh paida ki, cannot do much about it. Tune jo khoji hai na apne liye, woh bhi kam nahi hai" Preeti Di teased him about Sana.

"Dil aaya gadhi pe toh pari kya cheez" he said, his accent making Di laugh out loud but he sighed.

She hadn't been herself in the last few days and for the first time, he couldn't pull her thoughts out. The day she had asked him to cancel planning a 'grand wedding', he had placated her temporarily thinking it to be a temporary thought but it seemed more than just that. She was silent most of the times when they were around. She would be clingy and edgy most of the times - hugging him or leaning on him, always wanting physical proximity while being overly careful of hurting him. She would laugh at his jokes but her smile felt as if she was holding herself back. She seemed off.

"Kya hua? What are you thinking, itna concentration se?" Di asked - like Mom, she also had a way of finding things out.

"Off si hai woh aaj kal..."Sidharth told her.

"Off, kyun? You guys fought?" Di asked, tugging at his hair just the way he liked it.

"No, no. No fight and all. Usko pata nahi kya hua. Woh uss din, khud ko guilty feel hua usko. Phir boli shadi wagairah public affair nahi karte - gharwale hi kar lenge, kisi ko mat batao, nazar lag jayegi and stuff...God knows woh gadhi ke dimag me kya chala...phir ye topic pe baat aayi hi nahi...I think she's been overthinking since then..." Sidharth stopped her hands and looked back at her, wanting her to counsel him on this.

"Aww.. baby! Baat kar na uske saath baithke. Kuch chal raha hoga dimag me. Talk it out na. Itna kuch nahi hoga. Overthinker ho dono. Woh thodi next level hai hamari bacchi...just talk it out, it should be fine" Di told him.

"You think so?" He asked, a little unsure.

"Yeah, yeah. Chill kar...baat karle" Di assured him and he nodded. Maybe.