Ch 6 - The said and the unsaid

Last two days had been a breeze. Staying at Siddharth's home with his family was very heart-warming for her. With Aunty and Preeti Di being so affectionate and caring and her idiot of a man who was driving and replying to her constant chatter in monosyllables, being his usual self felt like home to her. Though her first meeting with his family wasn't an ideal situation but the warmth and care that she had been showered with, it felt like they had known each other since ages. 

The kiss wasn't discussed. The relationship was not discussed. But there was a very different feeling of unsaid closeness between them two and they both felt it. Some times love did not need words or any redemption.  

Maybe those actions weren't new - he had been doing many similar things even when they were on the show, yet now, his small gestures of keeping her feet on his lap and gently massaging them while the she and the Shuklas lounged in the living room to watch a movie, his stealing random forehead kisses during the day, going to the guest room to check on her multiple times while while she was asleep - were all unsaid confessions of love. And both of them were conscious of that. 

Sidharth hummed to the slow number on the radio and that broke her chain of thoughts. She had her fingers curled around his biceps as he drove. It was 7 in the morning and since the driver would be coming at 10, he decide to drop her himself, though it was risky. Also, the prospect of spending just a little more time together seemed very lucrative, though he had groaned and cribbed before the family saying - "abbey yaar, itna jaldi subah kaun gadha shoot schedule karta hai!". 

As he pressed the breaks and halted at the red light, she felt his fingers gently pat her head - "kya soch rahi hai baby?", he asked curiously. 

"Kuch, kuch sochi main..", she told him with a grin.

"Soch bhi leti hai tu? Wow!", He chuckled.

She hit his arm and frowned at him, making him chuckle. 

"Abbey mazak kar raha hun. Abhi sun, main bhool jaunga warna, your prescription in there in the bag. Give it to the team the moment you go. I don't want you missing a single dose. And I have also spoken to creatives, you will have your phone with you the whole day. They will manage during the shoot. If you feel thoda sa bhi tabiyat kharab hai, toh you will call me. Ok?", He sounded sexily bossy when he used that tone. 

"Yes bebu! ", she melted at the warmth and pulled his cheek.

"Bas, now don't annoy me",  he pushed her away, but with a very gentle use of force. He was still worried about her feeling weak after a spell of fever but knew that with medicines, she would feel better. 

"and you listen to me carefully, ok?" He looked into her eyes after they pulled over about a hundred or two meters away from the entrance of the shoot premises. Knowing that some life gyaan was coming her way, she mentally rolled her eyes.

"I am not going anywhere. We are not going anywhere. But you have a professional commitment to cater to. That too your first. Give it your 100%. This week, duniya pareshan Sana nahi dekhegi, duniya khush, happy, chirpy Sana dekhegi. Main....maine nahi kaha hai tujhe kuch acche se, I know. But have faith on me. Have faith on your love, if not me. Tere dil me dimag me, jo bhi hai na darling, woh...one-sided nahi hai...bas. abhi itna samajh le" he said pouring his heart out and the way it came out, she knew, he was being genine and honest. She could sense something which held her back and yet, something that was enough to make her hopeful. 

"I want that confidence and happiness to reflect in your eyes... dikhna chaiye mujhe, ki haan, tu devdas banke nahi baithi hai...khud se, andar se khush hai. Ok? I haven't watched any episodes till now, but this week, my eyes will be on you. Samjhi?" he said and she nodded, her eyes beaming with pure love, which his heart warmed up at.

"Tu jealous nahi hoga?", she voiced my doubt, as he unbuckled her seat belt and turned to pull her bags from the back seat. Before she knew, his lips had attacked hers and Before she realised, her hand was on his chest. She couldn't open her eyes as she came out of it breathless but dared not look into his eyes still. But he made me look at him

"Of course, your boyfriend will get mad when someone tries to flirt with you. But the same boyfriend also wants you to grow and spread your wings. I want you to do well in the show and your career which has a long way to go and I know, ki tu meri bandi hai toh...koi kuch waise bhi nahi kar sakta", he commented with a smirk, making her laugh. 

"Teri bandi main ye kab se hui hun? Parson se?" she teased, taking her bags from him. 

"Nahi darling, woh duniya ke saamne toh tu show se hi thi meri bandi. Abhi toh teri moti buddhi ko pata laga hai ki tu meri bandi hai" he told her with a smack on her head irritating her.

"Humne discuss nahi kia...but ab hamari woh wali fight khatam na? ..woh phone wali?" she asked him, fearfully after having reminded him of the tiff which she thought he did not remember.

"Tu pagal wagal hai kya be? Aur kya discuss karna hai...matlab jo bhi karo inko kam pad jata hai....bhag yahan se ab aur ab lauki jaisa muh bana ke mat ghumna. Aur chapet lagegi agar phir se one-sided wala drama kia toh. And your best friend will still tease you with other guys but your boyfriend knows, ki tu uski hi hai.... Chal ab jaa. Mujhe bhi gym jana hai. Chal bye"

She got out of the car with this huge smile plastered on my face. Pretty sure, the watchmen on the gate thought that she had gone crazy. Perhaps she had.