Ch 48 - Some roothna - manana

Surprise, suprise! I am sure you did not expect an update this early. Making up for my previous paaps. :*

The next few days were exciting and interesting. Sidharth had bagged a web series with a big banner, while she was working on a Punjabi movie for an OTT platform. The movie she had signed up for got pushed ahead for sometime, which irked her to no end. But since they were unsure of the dates, in respect of their wedding, the status quo was maintained.

It was a Sunday and Sidharth had a full day of shoot ahead, while Shehnaaz, after a very long time, had a day off. She decided to sleep off for a little longer than usual, but was awakened by the constantly ringing phone.

"Haan bebu..." she smiled sleepily, knowing it was her favorite neighbor calling.

"Baby, neeche aaja...aaj Mom ne poori aur chhole banaye hain aur mereko breakfast nahi milega jab tak tu bhi idhar hi na ho...", he groaned.

"Haye, tereko nikalna bhi hoga na? Ruk main bas 5 minute me aayi brush karke..."she jumped out of the bed to get ready. She quickly brushed and washed her face and ran to her other home. The door opened at the first bell and she smiled at her man, who paid no heed to her, being busy on the phone. Once she was in and the door was closed, ignoring her, he walked ahead of her and she frowned, but then, in want of attention, ran after him and wrapped her arm against his waist, pressing her nose against his back. 

He stopped and pulled her towards him, kissing her head and pulling her cheek. She was happy now, but she wanted more. Distracted by what the other person was asking on the phone, he began to pull her away, but she whined and rubbed her nose against his chest, not letting go off him.

"Baccha, 2 minute, tu Mom ko bula tab tak..." he pleaded in a whisper and she gave up in disappointment. 

She just felt too needy today and finally had time after a long, long time. She wanted him all to herself. In the bed, cuddling and pampering her but their schedules rarely gave them the opportunity to do that.  Shrugging away that thought, she went to find Ma, who was with Ritu in the balcony plucking tulsi leaves and discussing something and tiptoed to wrap her arms around her neck. 

"Maaaa!!!" she cooed happily, hugging her, bringing an instant smile on her face.

"Aa gaya mera baccha! Chal, breakfast karte hain...aaj soyi acche se?" she asked, patting her back lovingly.

"Haye, Ma, itna zyada acche se! Mekko bohot bohot bhook lag rahi hai! Rituuu...chai bana rahi hai na!" she asked and Ritu giggled, telling her how Ma had predicted exactly how she would say that half an hour back. 

Breakfast was served and Sidharth had it while being on the phone. Ma and Shehnaaz were generally chit-chatting but Ma could not help but notice the look of disapproval she was giving Sidharth, who was very oblivious to his surroundings.

"Kya ho gaya! Usko dekhke gussa kyun ho rahi hai?" Ma laughed.

"Ma! Baat bhi nahi kia 1-2 din se...dekho isko...abhi isko chhole ke jagah aap mirchi ki sabzi bhi khila doge na, ye kha lega!" she whined, suddenly getting an idea. She giggled and ran back to the kitchen, leaving Ma confused.She came back with a katori of red chilly achaar and replaced the chhole with it. Ma protested, but not loud enough lest Sidharth could get disturbed but before she could undo Sana's actions, Sidharth had absent-mindedly taken a bit casually taking a large chunk of the hot red chillly achaar and hissed the next moment.

Shehnaaz giggled seeing his reaction as he dropped his plate and ran into the kitchen mumbling an apology and promising the caller to call back in five minutes. He huffed and asked Ritu for some sugar. Ma had quickly followed him and had already taken out a piece of jaggery for him. Shehnaaz laughed and brought a glass of cold water for him.