𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲

"Charli are you packed?" Heidi asked her.

She dumped her carry-on on the floor next to her mom's bag. "Done."

Her phone buzzed, "Chase is gonna be here in 10 minutes."

Heidi bustled around, checking everything and making sure they weren't forgetting anything.

Chase knocked on the door, he had their Uber waiting for them to take them to the airfield.

"Chase is here!"

He lets himself in and greeted the girls.

"You guys ready to head out?" He asks as Charli hugs his middle.

"All set Baby." She stands on her tip-toes to reach his lips for a kiss.

Adjusting his beanie for him that sat back on his head, "You look cute tonight."

"You lookin pretty tonight as well."

"I'm in one of your hoodies and sweatpants."

"Perfect, we'll make the best cuddle pile than on the plane." He smiled.

Heidi came up to them kinda out of breath, "Okay, I double-checked everything and we are good to go."

Chase reached down to collect Charli's bags. "You don't have to do that Chasey."

He looked at her like she was crazy. "And let you carry your own luggage while I got free hands? I don't think so."

Charli rolled her eyes and shook her head but didn't argue with him. They packed up the Uber and headed to the airfield.

They got their own private jet since there were no flights out to Stockton by tonight.

Arriving on the small jet, Chase and Charli sat across from each other and buckled in. Of course, once they were in the air and level Charli left her seat to snuggle with Chase.

She brought with her a huge fuzzy blanket to put over them including their heads. From the outside, they just looked like one big blanket lump.

They were scheduled to arrive at his childhood home at midnight. His sisters came back several days before.

It was Heidi that woke them up by taking the blanket off of their heads.

Charli was like a newborn kitten. Her eyes were slits and her hair was messy from the blanket and her hood. Curled into a ball, she was enveloped by Chase's bigger frame. Her head was buried into his chest and neck as her limbs were tucked in.

Chase curled into her, one arm around the back of her neck and the other hugging her waist.

"What is it?" Charli slurred slightly from sleep. She rubbed her eyes with her sweater paws.

"We're landing in 5 minutes, you have to buckle up in your own seat." Her mother advised.

Charli stuck out her bottom lip a whine building up in the back of her throat.  Chase kissed the top of her hood. Sighing, she did as she was told.

They continued their nap on the 25-minute car ride and by the time they pulled up to his childhood home, they were energized.

Chase took the liberty to knock. His mom answering the door.

"HI! Welcome home, Honey."

Chase accepted the hug. "Hey, Mom."

Tammy kissed his cheek. Then it was Charli and Hiedi's turn to hug her.

"I'm so glad you guys could make it."

"The first wedding is always so exciting. We wouldn't miss one of Marlena's milestones." Heidi explained.