𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗯𝗶𝘁

⚠️DRUG ADDICTION⚠️

Chase didn't sleep and neither did Charli. His tossing and turning made it impossible for her to stay in the same bed as him as she decided to make herself comfy on the small couch.

He hunched in on himself, holding his stomach. His face dug into the mattress in search of relief.

Charli's chest ached and the burning in the back of her eyelids wouldn't leave. She hated seeing him like this, it was like she was going through withdrawal with him.

She must have finally dozed off as she was startled awake by a thump on the ground. Sunlight glowed behind the closed blinds giving some light to the darkroom.

Blinking rapidly, her eyes adjusted on the empty rumpled bed in front of her.

Empty?

Her brain panicked, bolting up from her position. "Chase?"

His feeble groan answered her back from the other side of the bed. He was splayed out on the vinyl flooring.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? What can I do?—"

"—ot, so hot..." His voice slurred from his cheek pressed against the floor.

Perspiration clung to his back and the tips of his hair. Even though he was sweating he couldn't stop shivering.

Charli carefully lifted up his arms, mindful of his collarbone. "Come on, maybe a shower can cool you off."

She half carried and crawled him along the floor to the little bathroom attached to his room.

He got into the tub in just his boxers. The cool water cascaded down his head that he held in between his knees.

His hands fisted in his hair roughly, his lips pulled back in a grimace as if he was in physical pain.

Charli left him in there, checking in on him from time to time until he got too cold. She carefully dried him off.

"What do you want for dinner?" She kissed his temple.

"N-no-nothing..."

"You have to eat something, Chasey." Her fingers twirled the strands of hair falling across his forehead.

He remained curled up in his sheets moaning and she took that as a yes. Sighing, she pecked his head again before heading out to the cafeteria.

When she came back, he was still in the same position.

"Here, try to eat Baby."

Chase sat up slowly, his face already pale. He bends over the meal of roasted chicken uneasily, taking a single bite.

He shook his head, lifting himself up and going to the bathroom.

Charli packaged it up for later when she heard him get sick.

He stumbled back into bed. "Can you hold me please?"

She opened her arms for him to cuddle into her lap, his arms wrapped around her waist. Her fingers in his scalp lulled him back to sleep.