𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆

⚠️SLIGHT SMUT & DEATH⚠️

Chase shoulder someone else out of his way in the hall.

The shorter kid gave him a stare but was discouraged by his own cold expression.

He doesn't move aside for anybody. Except...coming towards him and walking the opposite way was a bigger group of girls and one or two guys.

The small one in the center was chatting animatedly to her friends beside her.

He stops and pushes himself up against the lockers, joining everyone else.

She laughed at whatever her friend replied with. For a split second when they passed by, her eyes connected with his. Just like that, the moment was over and Chase was on his way to his next class.

A week later he was at his lunch period. He grabs a drink and sits down by himself in the corner. He could feel someone's eyes on him.

Subtlety, he takes a drink but surveys with his eyes at the population. He sees a flash of brown hair turning back around in her seat. His eyes narrow at the movement.

It was the same girl again who he made eye contact with a week ago: Charli Damelio.

She was one of the most popular girls he knew. Fantastic grade point average, in every club you could think of, and she was friends with practically the entire student body.

He never talked to her before but he's been having more of these unknown glances with her.

The next class they actually shared. It was an elective course he couldn't compare to her in classes that actually mattered.

He took his usual seat in the back corner. What was surprisingly different was that Charli sat in the row next to him. She usually likes to sit in the front.

Chase ignored it and just put in one of his earbuds. The other one dangled uselessly.

The teacher began his lecture. Chase twirled his black pen in between his fingers in boredom.

He felt a timid tap on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, do you have another pen I can borrow?" Charli whispered to him.

He was frozen as hundreds of questions raced through his head that he couldn't decipher. He couldn't look away from her big brown doe eyes.

He wordlessly handed over his pen.

She smiled delicately, "Thank you."

At the end of class, Charli hands it back to him.

He didn't notice until he left school that day was there was a small heart sticker added onto the cap.

Chase needed to escape and think. What better way than going to his favorite huge tree in the park. It was off to the side and hidden amongst a cluster of little trees.

He found the spot when he was little, he liked climbing the branches and just listen to music or sleep.

It was peaceful and no one would bother him or find him.

He climbed on up to one of the lower branches and set his bag down on another branch closest to him.

As he was just dozing off, he heard rustling down below him. He turned his head slightly to see the top of someone's head sitting down against his tree.