𝗠𝘆 𝗢𝘄𝗻 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗘𝗻𝗲𝗺𝘆

Chase scrolled through his TikTok comments again. He did a new duet with Charli. For some reason, there has been a greater influx of hate comments on his page recently. Most of them about his relationship with Charli.

user3434
I can't believe someone as good looking as her is dating someone like that

user7082
Once a cheater always a cheater

user8424
Charli gave everything to Chase and he still treats her poorly

user0787
I feel so bad for Charli she's gonna get her heart broken by this fuck boy

user5739
I would have never gotten back together with a guy who tried to cheat on me twice with the same girl

user3429
Charli deserves way better

It's been like this the same comments over and over again for the last three weeks. He dreaded thinking that maybe they were right after all.

Some of the members noticed that Chase has been feeling down lately and keeping to his room often. Hype decided to throw the first pool party to kick off the summer and maybe it'll help get Chase out of his room.

Charli was excited, summer was finally here which means she can spend more time at Hype and with her boyfriend. She missed him a lot like the last month she was busy with her finals and balancing work. It left her no time to spend with him in person except for the occasional FaceTime.

Minutes before the first guests started to arrive for the party, Nick knocked on Chase's door. "Bro, you awake?"

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna come down for the party?" He asked.

"I don't know man, I'm not really in a partying mood."

Chase could hear Nick shift his feet outside his door. "You know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"I know I can Nick, don't worry about it." He dismissed him.

Chase waited to hear his retreating footsteps before he unlocked his phone to see the tweet he was tagged in.

@JoshRichards: Celebration of the first day of summer we got Still Softish Summer Remix available on all platforms now! @xlilhuddy

The video snippet played automatically, Josh rapped, "We ain't doing this for the bands. We doing this to just tell all your fans, you still be fucking with girls. Telling people Charli's your world. She's not."

Chase chucked his phone at the wall.

Charli's been at the party for over ten minutes now and she has yet to run into her boyfriend. She made her way to the roof. Other than his room, Chase spent the most time up there.

She spotted someone in the corner sitting on the L-shaped sofa. Their feet propped up and enjoying the view.

As she got closer, her smile dropped. It was just Ryland smoking a cigarette.

"Hey, Ry-Ry."

"Char-Char," He greeted, "What's goin' on?"

She took a seat beside him and he had the courtesy to stub out the remains of his cigarette on the ashtray on the table. 

"Spent the last ten minutes looking for Chase. He never misses the first party of the summer."

"Honestly, I bet he's still in his room." He cocked his head from side to side to see if anyone else was within earshot of them. "Between you and me, Chase has been really down these last couple of weeks and we don't know why. He's just been in his room. I know Nick tried to talk to him today but he didn't even open the door for him."